Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First time BULK Check-in
09-28-2012, 09:41 PM
RE: First time BULK Check-in
(09-28-2012 07:05 PM)Trishadams Wrote:  Hey everybody!! Less than 36 hours to go for D1. Can't wait!! This is my 3rd or 4th time doing STS and second time bulking with it. Tried it for the first time last year. There were some rough patches, but if you believe in the process, it made it easier to see it through. I'm eating at maintenance this week, but will start cutting on Sunday. I'm planning to pyramid, but I'll decide once I see how I respond to M1 during this cut. So bulking will start with M2. I have my poms poms ready!!

I got the Epsom salt and Ben gay readylaughing

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Bulk start tomorrow. I won't do STS but will still lift heavy. It will be nice since I have been at maintenance or under for the last 2 years.
09-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Yay, Yanicka! You will be so happy with your gains! Have you decided how long your bulk will be?? big grin

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-30-2012, 03:20 PM
(09-30-2012 02:50 PM)Kiki Wrote:  Yay, Yanicka! You will be so happy with your gains! Have you decided how long your bulk will be?? big grin

Well for now i am thinking until january 1st, we will see if I go for longer. big grin

Give me heavy weights or give me death
09-30-2012, 08:31 PM
real nervous about the bulk, i have so much tummy weight to lose.... and still confused about it. can I just up my cals by 100??
09-30-2012, 10:00 PM
(09-30-2012 08:31 PM)jae6704 Wrote:  real nervous about the bulk, i have so much tummy weight to lose.... and still confused about it. can I just up my cals by 100??

Sure, Katy, it's completely up to you. It takes 2500 cals to build muscle, so you just want to provide enough to do so. You don't have to bulk at all if you're not ready, but if you do, usually 200-300 cals is sufficient surplus. You'll likely wanna wait till you finish Meso 1, & then evaluate/raise your cals. You never know where you'll sit by then. wink

You can start slowly upping cals in Meso 2. big grin

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

10-01-2012, 10:56 AM
You know, someone (a girl) should really come up with a better word than BULK for eating to build muscle.laughing

I'm getting mentally prepared for this. At Kiki or Lucia's (I forget which) urging I went and bought a pair of jeans one size too big and some loose shirts. My husband was shopping with me and said "You don't wear a 10." My reply, "Not yet, but I'm going to!"

I've been gaining on what I thought was cut for the past 5 weeks. While I"ve gained 6.6# since June 1, but only gained 1.7% body fat. I have no idea how to do that math, but is it possible I've been doing a bulk accidentally? Confused
10-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Regina It's definitely possible! Btw, did you see the MFP post I linked for you? I'll post it here, since it'll end up getting lost on MFP newsfeed eventually, anyway.

http://www.musclebombshell.com/female-bo...odybuilder
She started bulking at 35% bf, bulked 9-10 months, then cut

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

10-01-2012, 01:20 PM
(10-01-2012 11:45 AM)Kiki Wrote:  Regina It's definitely possible! Btw, did you see the MFP post I linked for you? I'll post it here, since it'll end up getting lost on MFP newsfeed eventually, anyway.

http://www.musclebombshell.com/female-bo...odybuilder
She started bulking at 35% bf, bulked 9-10 months, then cut

I did see it and it's amazing. Wonder how long it would have taken her to get "less than stage ready" but still cut on a more moderate cut? I don't really see myself giving up carbs. not talking
10-01-2012, 06:30 PM
(09-30-2012 10:00 PM)Kiki Wrote:  
(09-30-2012 08:31 PM)jae6704 Wrote:  real nervous about the bulk, i have so much tummy weight to lose.... and still confused about it. can I just up my cals by 100??

Sure, Katy, it's completely up to you. It takes 2500 cals to build muscle, so you just want to provide enough to do so. You don't have to bulk at all if you're not ready, but if you do, usually 200-300 cals is sufficient surplus. You'll likely wanna wait till you finish Meso 1, & then evaluate/raise your cals. You never know where you'll sit by then. wink

You can start slowly upping cals in Meso 2. big grin

Hi there! I'm new to the forum but have been checking out the EM2WL "program" for a bit now. I'm not sure this is the place but need to ask. I thought I might try this come mid November or December 1. I went on the Scooby Calc, and it has my TDEE @ approx 1700 calories for "losing weight/gaining muscle". I've just been trying to see what it takes to stay on this diet & get some consistency with portion sizes. Don't think I can only add 200 calories, if I'm not sure what I'm eating now! The videos you posted were great on the theory behind all this & loved them. So, now after all this ramble, is my question! If my TDEE is 1700 calories, it sounds like you gals are already eating way more than I think I should be! Even if I upped by 200 cals, I wouldn't be hitting the the 2000 mark, much less the 2500 mark. I would appreciate some clarification if somebody does mind! As well, I don't own STS and wonder what kind of programs those of you without this are following?? I'm a very new newbie! thinking

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  STS Check-in 2013 Lucia 333 396,800 01-31-2014 02:00 PM
Last Post: Jdnara
Thumbs Up STS Check-in Lucia 457 574,363 10-25-2013 01:05 PM
Last Post: Lucia