Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First time BULK Check-in
10-01-2012, 06:55 PM
RE: First time BULK Check-in
(10-01-2012 06:30 PM)2abnorth Wrote:  
(09-30-2012 10:00 PM)Kiki Wrote:  
(09-30-2012 08:31 PM)jae6704 Wrote:  real nervous about the bulk, i have so much tummy weight to lose.... and still confused about it. can I just up my cals by 100??

Sure, Katy, it's completely up to you. It takes 2500 cals to build muscle, so you just want to provide enough to do so. You don't have to bulk at all if you're not ready, but if you do, usually 200-300 cals is sufficient surplus. You'll likely wanna wait till you finish Meso 1, & then evaluate/raise your cals. You never know where you'll sit by then. wink

You can start slowly upping cals in Meso 2. big grin

Hi there! I'm new to the forum but have been checking out the EM2WL "program" for a bit now. I'm not sure this is the place but need to ask. I thought I might try this come mid November or December 1. I went on the Scooby Calc, and it has my TDEE @ approx 1700 calories for "losing weight/gaining muscle". I've just been trying to see what it takes to stay on this diet & get some consistency with portion sizes. Don't think I can only add 200 calories, if I'm not sure what I'm eating now! The videos you posted were great on the theory behind all this & loved them. So, now after all this ramble, is my question! If my TDEE is 1700 calories, it sounds like you gals are already eating way more than I think I should be! Even if I upped by 200 cals, I wouldn't be hitting the the 2000 mark, much less the 2500 mark. I would appreciate some clarification if somebody does mind! As well, I don't own STS and wonder what kind of programs those of you without this are following?? I'm a very new newbie! thinking

A good calorie tracking site is Myfitnesspal. Your tdee sounds low, what is your activity level?

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2012, 07:16 AM
(09-30-2012 08:31 PM)jae6704 Wrote:  real nervous about the bulk, i have so much tummy weight to lose.... and still confused about it. can I just up my cals by 100??

Sure, Katy, it's completely up to you. It takes 2500 cals to build muscle, so you just want to provide enough to do so. You don't have to bulk at all if you're not ready, but if you do, usually 200-300 cals is sufficient surplus. You'll likely wanna wait till you finish Meso 1, & then evaluate/raise your cals. You never know where you'll sit by then. wink

That sounds good! I will wait until the next part to bulk maybe by then I will have lost some in my tummy. Pluss I will know where I stand with my calories.
10-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Lucia, I asked KiKi this question on MFP, but I know you are both bombarded with questions, so I'll ask you too - in case it gets buried on her MFP newsfeed.

What have you found to be the best way to accurately determine TDEE and how will I know during bulk if I'm over or under eating?
10-02-2012, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 06:01 PM by Kiki.)
(10-02-2012 03:46 PM)regina Wrote:  Lucia, I asked KiKi this question on MFP, but I know you are both bombarded with questions, so I'll ask you too - in case it gets buried on her MFP newsfeed.

What have you found to be the best way to accurately determine TDEE and how will I know during bulk if I'm over or under eating?

Answered, I caught ya before ya got buried wink

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2012, 08:27 PM
(10-01-2012 06:55 PM)Lucia Wrote:  
(10-01-2012 06:30 PM)2abnorth Wrote:  

Hi there! I'm new to the forum but have been checking out the EM2WL "program" for a bit now. I'm not sure this is the place but need to ask. I thought I might try this come mid November or December 1. I went on the Scooby Calc, and it has my TDEE @ approx 1700 calories for "losing weight/gaining muscle". I've just been trying to see what it takes to stay on this diet & get some consistency with portion sizes. Don't think I can only add 200 calories, if I'm not sure what I'm eating now! The videos you posted were great on the theory behind all this & loved them. So, now after all this ramble, is my question! If my TDEE is 1700 calories, it sounds like you gals are already eating way more than I think I should be! Even if I upped by 200 cals, I wouldn't be hitting the the 2000 mark, much less the 2500 mark. I would appreciate some clarification if somebody does mind! As well, I don't own STS and wonder what kind of programs those of you without this are following?? I'm a very new newbie! thinking

A good calorie tracking site is Myfitnesspal. Your tdee sounds low, what is your activity level?

Went back on the Scooby calculator after checking some of the vids. Yep, wrong activity level. Should be moderate. Brought my TDEE to 1991. Thougt instead I'd try a reset, and follow this thread for when I'm ready!! blushing I'm also on MFP under the same name.
10-03-2012, 10:15 AM
(10-02-2012 05:59 PM)Kiki Wrote:  
(10-02-2012 03:46 PM)regina Wrote:  Lucia, I asked KiKi this question on MFP, but I know you are both bombarded with questions, so I'll ask you too - in case it gets buried on her MFP newsfeed.

Answered, I caught ya before ya got buried wink

Sweet!!! You're the best, truly.not worthy
10-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Oh, one last question as I build my nerve to bulk in November.

How much did you gals gain during bulk? Pyschologically I need to know if I'm looking at 2, 10, 20, or what pounds.
10-03-2012, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 09:42 PM by Kiki.)
I gained around 7-8lbs last bulk (~4 months) wink

I try to rein it in at a max of 2lbs/month .5lbs/wk gain. So I'd say it was pretty successful. thumbs up

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2012, 08:40 AM
I gained about 8lbs in 2 months!! Lol! Mine was probably more of a fulk than a bulk. But I also skipped resetting, going straight from a vlcd into bulking and still doing a lot of binge eating. This time around I'll be aiming for .5lb gain/week like the kikster wink

Trish
Don't WISH for it...WORK for it.

MFP
em2wl
10-04-2012, 10:44 AM
(10-04-2012 08:40 AM)Trishadams Wrote:  I gained about 8lbs in 2 months!! Lol! Mine was probably more of a fulk than a bulk. But I also skipped resetting, going straight from a vlcd into bulking and still doing a lot of binge eating. This time around I'll be aiming for .5lb gain/week like the kikster wink

Wow, I tend to jump up in weight. These last couple months of cut was like a bulk for real...eating too few calories (not VLCD of course) my body just said "REALLY" and showed me. So I bumped up to 2200 which is 10% of Katch McArdle (which is tdee of Miffleon Joer which is what I used and had cut 15%...eating 1900 - 2000 my body just wasn't feeling it). So after three weeks I think I am starting to trend down because I am swollen with TOM and haven't gained anymore weight...so we shall see.

So, Meso 2, Lord I hope not to pack on too fast because GOD knows I have NOTHING to wear...lol. Gotta go shopping!

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  STS Check-in 2013 Lucia 333 396,808 01-31-2014 02:00 PM
Last Post: Jdnara
Thumbs Up STS Check-in Lucia 457 574,370 10-25-2013 01:05 PM