Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Brand New - Needing Some Input
09-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Brand New - Needing Some Input
I'll skip a whole weight history right now, and just stick with the last few months. Although I have tried several VLCDs in the past, I'm not really coming off one now, so I don't think I need to do a reset. Mainly, I just don't want to undo any good I've done in the last 2-3 months, so I want to make sure I'm doing things correctly.

Pretty soon after switching to MFP from another tracking site, I discovered the threads on TDEE. All of that information made perfect sense to me, so I quickly upped my calories from the 1500 I'd been aiming for. I've lost 12 pounds in 3 months, although with full disclosure, I admit that I'm currently taking Phentermine for appetite control. It really helped me get a jump start on my loss, but the effects are starting to fade, so I doubt I'll be on it for much longer. (I have a doctor's appointment on Monday.)

I've been doing the 30 Day Shred for the past month or so, taking longer than 30 days because I really only do the workouts 4-6 times a week. That's my main source of exercise. I take walking breaks at work 3-4 x a week, and have also recently started playing Disc Golf, so that includes lots of walking. Not fast walking, but still, you stay actively moving for about 2 hours. (In the last 1 1/2 weeks, I've probably played 4 times.)

Here are my current stats, based on averaging the numbers from the Scooby and Fat2Fit sites:

172 lbs
BMR 1555
TDEE 2152 (I believe this is the 'light' calculation, because the 30DS workouts are only 20 min)
Cut (15%) 1828

I currently have my calorie goal on MFP set at 1850, with the 40/30/30 macro split.

Some days I'm only getting 1500-1600 calories in, others I make goal, and of course some days, I've been over. I try to make good food choices, I'm not relying on low calorie fast food, processed stuff, etc. but I also will have pizza sometimes, etc. My goal is to be very balanced, but not 'all or nothing'. This week was actually the first time in 2 months I've had fast food, and it definitely wasn't worth it. Anyway...

I've been bouncing between 172 & 174 for about 3 weeks now, and I'd REALLY like to bust through to the 160's! Inch loss seems to be continuing, but nothing major, jeans are still tight. Still have a lot of belly roll. raised eyebrows

I guess I'm just looking for some feedback, suggestions, etc. on what I can do to get things rolling. All of the info on this site and the MFP forums makes so much sense to me, but I want to make sure I'm doing it RIGHT.

Thanks to any who take the time to read my rambling thoughts!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2012, 06:28 PM
RE: Brand New - Needing Some Input
Hey there I would suggest consistently eating at your cut number everyday for four weeks. If still no weight loss then go up one hundred calories for four weeks. You may want to consider doing a diet break if you have been cutting for over for weeks.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
09-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Hi MrsVtec and welcome happy

The only bit of advice I can offer is, assuming your numbers are correct, make sure you always eat your cut number. By eating 200-300 less you are making the deficit too big. To be able to see if the numbers are correct for you I'd suggest being consistent with your intake. I wouldn't worry too much if you have the odd day that's slightly over but I'd certainly say hit that 15% number.

If you're not hungry grab something calorie but not volume dense :- nuts, avocado, add oil to salads/veggies, peanut butter.

I hope that helps and I'm sure others will chime in soon with more advice.
10-01-2012, 11:12 AM
This is helpful, thanks. I will try to be really consistent about hitting my goal consistently for a while before I start tweaking numbers again. happy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Newbie needs input! melissa_in_georgia 1 2,865 10-04-2013 06:18 PM
Last Post: Kiki
  Really needing advice. tems78 5 6,719 02-23-2013 08:35 PM
Last Post: Kiki