Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
To boldly go where I never went before....bulk
10-16-2012, 09:58 PM
RE: To boldly go where I never went before....bulk
Well freaked out yesterday (but you freak out every damn day yanicka!!!!)

This time it was seeing 126 pounds on the scale....up 5 pounds in 15 days. Those same 5 pounds that took me almost a year to lose. I was feeling so bloated and my legs were jiggling in the mirror of the gym. It was bad all around and it was so tempting to just lower my calories. Intellectually I know I didn't eat 17500 calories over maintenance....I know that it was not fat but seeing 1 years of hard work gone in so little time was very difficult.

Thank god today I felt less boated and took a pic that really did put things in perspective.

[Image: 8093951023_5f9ec3cdc4.jpg]
15 jours bulk by yanicka.hachez, on Flickr

Give me heavy weights or give me death
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2012, 11:09 AM
That picture is amazing! Look at the definition in the abs in that second pic. Awesome!

Crystal
10-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Update :

I stepped on my my boyfriend scale and in 20 days I am up 2 pounds. So after all the bloathing, I feel like I am on the right track as far as calories go.big grin

10-23-2012, 12:09 AM
That's great progress! Hope mine goes this well!

Time to ditch the scale and pick up the barbell!!!
10-24-2012, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 11:57 AM by keesh1123.)
(10-22-2012 06:13 PM)yanicka1 Wrote:  Update :

I stepped on my my boyfriend scale and in 20 days I am up 2 pounds. So after all the bloathing, I feel like I am on the right track as far as calories go.big grin

That's awesome! Between the scale and the pics, it seems that you are definitely on the right track!

Keshia (the other Kiki) wink

Ladies should Live, Love, Laugh...and LIFT.
10-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Yanicka! That pic says it all! Keep on doing what you are doing!

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
11-01-2012, 02:38 PM
The bulk chronicles ..........One month in
One month in. I kept pretty quiet because it would be like this:

Day 1: yay food

Day 2: Freaking out

Day 3: yay PR on squats

Day 4: Freaking out

Rinse and repeat

Let be frank……this is hard!!!! At first it was hard to get all the calories in. I was stuffed like a turkey. I could not imagine eating more. Then I got very hungry and I had a hard time staying at a mild calories surplus. So when I eat 2000+ calories….I find it hard not to eat 3000+ calories. For me it is weird because I never had a lot of weight to lose in the exception of the time when my son was 1 years old and I was in a relationship that was killing me slowly. The reason I needed to lose the weight after that was because of the 5 others pregnancies and never more than 20 pounds. So controlling my eating was not that much of a problem.

What was especially hard was also seeing my weight change so much, same for my measurements. When it take you more than a year to lose 10 pounds and one month to see that number on the scale…..it is hard not to freak out. Also my weight gain is impossible to understand. First week I gained 5 pounds than down 4 on the second week followed by a one pounds gain the next 2 week and then bam!!! up 5 pounds in one week.

One thing that helps me put things in perspective for me was something I saw on bb.com

Someone asked this question: Would you recommend just staying away from the scale for a few weeks? How do you deal with the discomfort of the bloat and the mind fu*k from feeling like you're gaining too much too quickly?

And this answer: That's just it; you just "get over it". If you can't, you need to address your issues with image/food. If you want to bulk effectively, the biggest hurdle is getting over your hangups. I HATE feeling bloated, but I understand and except that it's part of the game. Disordered thinking is when you rationally KNOW what to do, but do everything to spite progress.

Isn’t it the truth…..knowing rationally what you have to do but not doing it because you are scared, you see it day in day out on MFP, how many times do we see I am scared of upping my calories, I will regain all the weight if I up my calories. MFP is the Mecca of disordered thinking.

I refuse to let disordered thinking affect my life and making that conscious decision was the push in the back I needed.

Edited because I want to thank my friends for not deleting me .....yet. I am sorry you have to listen to me whine.

11-01-2012, 10:34 PM
I love the honesty. And YES it's HARD. People think that losing weight is hard, but whoa... Bulking?! Only the strong survive. If you don't recognize that what you are doing has a purpose, & act accordingly, you will fold.

The longer you can stick it out, the better. You can do this, girl. We got your back.

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2012, 05:56 AM
I love reading your journal. It helps me a lot to prepare for what's to come. Keep it up. You are doing fantastic.
11-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Keeping it real

......bloathing!!!!!

[Image: 8147873866_21febac31b.jpg]
30 jours bulk by yanicka.hachez, on Flickr

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Wink 2ND round of STS and "Unexpected" BULK CYCLE!!!! Lucia 250 293,217 08-28-2014 03:56 PM
Last Post: Lucia
  2 Months bulk done, on to STS & I see another bulk in my future. helened 14 20,744 08-10-2014 03:12 PM
Last Post: DynamicDiva
  Maintenance or Bulk? jyska 14 18,798 11-07-2012 04:16 PM
Last Post: jyska