Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Yet another Newbie!!
10-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Yet another Newbie!!
Just thought I'd pop in here to intro myself. I started my weight loss journey years ago! At my highest weight, I was 208 lbs and with the help of a dietitan and some great support, I managed to get down to 130 lbs. I still hover within about 5 lbs of that. I've got back to working out consistently 3 - 5 times a week, with cardio & weights. I stumbled upon this quite by accident, and felt it would help me get to that level of fitness that seems just beyond my reach. I am a 48 year old mother of 2 ( they are 18 & 20), and 5' 3". I'm not sure I understand how the calories work (I posted this on another thread...oops, think it should've been here!) I'm currently trying to see what 1700 cal a day looks like just to get portion sizes back under control. This is what my TDEE was according to Scooby. I'm kind of confused as well, and having to change years of thinking, but willing to learn. Excited about this! Welcome any input you gals can give. I'm signed up @ My fitness pal under the same name, and will start tracking my food tomorrow. BTW, I'm terrible with acronyms. Who the heck is TOMblushing
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 06:58 PM
RE: Yet another Newbie!!
That time of month. Menstruaion...argh...lol.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
10-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Welcome!

STS first timer starting 10/01/12!
10-01-2012, 11:06 PM
(10-01-2012 06:58 PM)Lucia Wrote:  That time of month. Menstruaion...argh...lol.

Well, that's what I get for asking!!laughing Yep, will agree that most of us don't like TOM!!!
10-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Hello and welcome! Yes, we all hate TOM around here! LOL! My DH said, all you ladies on that EM2WL board talk about is TOM!!!

Time to ditch the scale and pick up the barbell!!!