Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it different for really heavy people?
10-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Is it different for really heavy people?
My sister told me about EM2WL, and I've been a 'guest' on the site since July. I've done the reset (gained 8 pounds) and am about 4 weeks into my cut. I've lost 6 of the 8 pounds I gained, so almost back to my starting weight.
I guess my question is, is this any different for heavy girls? I'm 5'8" and 284 pounds. I don't think I look quite that heavy, but I am large. I have a large bone structure, as well.
I did my calculations through Scooby and figured to lose at 20%. I'm lifting weights 2-3 times a week using machines. My calories are set at 2559-ish, which I'm tracking as best as possible.
I just want to make sure it all works the same for people my size. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Oh, since the cut, I've lost close to two pounds per week, average. The last two weeks, I didn't count calories as we were on vacation, but I still came back having lost two pounds.
Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2012, 12:02 PM
RE: Is it different for really heavy people?
The concept is the same regardless of size. It is great you did a reset. We usually suggest a 15% or less cut so you have a little wiggle room to cut if you need to. But you seem to be doing great. We suggest every four to six weeks that you do a week of tdee so your body doesn't adjust down to that caloric level.

Be sure to take pictures and measurements. And keep up the great work. So glad you decided to log into the forum.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help for 49YO former WW, Paleo, VLCD - can't lift heavy IndyAngie0427 2 3,009 03-22-2016 11:13 AM
Last Post: daphne67
  Eat more on heavy lifting days or not? Conflicting info! ajmccracken11 1 5,398 04-23-2013 09:04 PM
Last Post: Kiki