Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
STARTING OUT QUESTIONS
10-10-2012, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2012 03:15 PM by stacyd717.)
STARTING OUT QUESTIONS
Hi everyone!

Ok, I am a newbie to this but I want to make sure I have everything right. I just figured out my TDEE on Scooby's and it says that in order for me to lose fat and gain muscle I should be eating around 2240 calories. I'm 5'5" and weigh about 155. I plan on working out 3-5 hours a week.

First, does that number sound correct? I for sure want to get back down to about 125 with muscle of course but it sounds like a lot to start off with wink

Second, while I'm upping my calories, I need to work out. What do you suggest? I like to run, use the elliptical and do my spin class. I am thinking about 30-45 minutes of cardio and the rest of the time heavy weights, right?

Third, as my weight (hopefully) goes down, and I re-do Scooby's calculations, will my calories go up or down?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just really new at this and I want to make sure I'm doing it right from the start!

Have a nice day and thank you big grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2012, 08:11 PM
RE: STARTING OUT QUESTIONS
Hi Stacy

Ok we usually suggest the days heavy lifting and two days thirty minutes hiit sessions.

Eating tdee and lifting you will do a body recomposition. You may see a gain at first but just keep going because if the calories are clean with good protein you will gain lean muscle which will burn the fat. Take pictures and measurements.

Recalculate every five pounds. As you lose yes calories decrease which is why it is great to gain lean mass so your weight may not go down so much but the fat loss and muscle will cause you to look smaller and then you can keep eating at a higher number.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
10-11-2012, 02:28 PM
(10-10-2012 08:11 PM)Lucia Wrote:  Hi Stacy

Ok we usually suggest the days heavy lifting and two days thirty minutes hiit sessions.

Eating tdee and lifting you will do a body recomposition. You may see a gain at first but just keep going because if the calories are clean with good protein you will gain lean muscle which will burn the fat. Take pictures and measurements.

Recalculate every five pounds. As you lose yes calories decrease which is why it is great to gain lean mass so your weight may not go down so much but the fat loss and muscle will cause you to look smaller and then you can keep eating at a higher number.

Hi Lucia:

So is that three days heaving lifting and two days of cardio HIIT sessions or all days heavy lifting with two days that include cardio as well?

Now about reset...since I am resetting my metabolism...should I go with the TYEE that is set for lose 15% or the one that says lose and build muscle?

Thanks again for your help...I DO appreciate it!
10-11-2012, 02:52 PM
(10-11-2012 02:28 PM)stacyd717 Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 08:11 PM)Lucia Wrote:  Hi Stacy

Hi Lucia:

So is that three days heaving lifting and two days of cardio HIIT sessions or all days heavy lifting with two days that include cardio as well?

Now about reset...since I am resetting my metabolism...should I go with the TYEE that is set for lose 15% or the one that says lose and build muscle?

Thanks again for your help...I DO appreciate it!

I think I just figured it out...I bought your starter kit...it's explaining a lot!
10-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Awesome!

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  calorie counting, workouts.. so many questions! Ladybugmomma 17 17,370 02-19-2016 10:58 AM
Last Post: AnitraSoto
  Anyone else starting out of shape? panda7353 1 2,723 01-22-2016 09:10 PM
  Starting again Kirstio 6 7,296 07-01-2015 10:26 AM
  Just starting out and want to make sure this is right Chalagurl 7 9,724 03-10-2015 06:04 AM
Last Post: mrsukyankee
  Starting over again - with lots of muscle? wookiemouse 3 5,116 02-07-2015 09:34 AM
Last Post: Nadoriel
Wink Hi! Few questions :) Lliena83 13 20,448 10-07-2014 06:23 AM
  Sodium, Protein and TDEE questions?? nibbles 1 3,786 08-06-2014 09:26 AM
  Newbie Questions sweetxsour35 2 4,213 04-23-2014 10:53 PM
Last Post: sweetxsour35
  Quick newbie questions - TDEE, Sodium, Scared! jellybean 4 7,678 03-09-2014 10:44 AM
Last Post: emma
  A couple of general questions re: weighing, and overexercising. dsellsseashells 4 7,753 10-26-2013 11:10 AM
Last Post: dsellsseashells