Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Beginning Metabolism Reset: Please Help!
10-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Beginning Metabolism Reset: Please Help!
I've been eating between 1000-1300 calories for about six months now. I began restricting calories about a year ago and went from 137 lbs to my current 112 (I'm 5'6.5). I work out for about 1.5 hours 5 days a week, and burn an average of 400 calories per session (about 50 min cardio, 40 min weights/strength). I know this is entirely too low and I'm doing my body a disservice. I've recently become very fatigued, had trouble concentrating, and have noticed an overall decrease in muscle mass and am feeling less toned than I was when I was around 119 lbs. I count calories obsessively, have certain "safe" foods, and get very anxious when thinking about eating high cal foods or missing a workout, which I know are all signs pointing to an ED (or heading in that direction). I've noticed lately I gain in my tummy area and feel very bloated after eating, which I know are signs of starvation mode. I've decided to make a change, as I can't keep living under such stress on both my body and mind. Today I upped my cals to around 1400 and didn't exercise, which is a big step in my book. I'm wondering how many calories I should realistically aim for now and where I will eventually maintain, as well as how much weight gain I should aim for/expect in the reset/refeeding process. Obviously the thought of weight gain scares me at this point, so any support and guidance would be much appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 03:59 PM
RE: Beginning Metabolism Reset: Please Help!
Hi there, we actually compiled an ebook that is located at http://www.eatmore2weighless.com, then go to the start here page. it is a small fee ($5) for the book or you can use the links with all the information which is right below. The book is cool cause it is all layed out for you:-)

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
10-14-2012, 03:40 AM
Oh, I didn't know you made an ebook. That is fantastic laughing))
10-14-2012, 09:32 PM
(10-14-2012 03:40 AM)EvelynNoor Wrote:  Oh, I didn't know you made an ebook. That is fantastic laughing))

Yes we put it up a couple weeks go. A god resource with all info in one place.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  metabolism resest nicoles 0 2,102 01-03-2014 11:16 AM
Last Post: nicoles
  Permanently lower metabolism after losing weight? curiousgeorgia 6 11,839 09-12-2013 03:38 AM
Last Post: curiousgeorgia
  new here and starting metabolism reset cwilliams8676 5 8,362 10-10-2012 12:08 PM
Last Post: EvelynNoor