Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need guidance: I eat I gain, I cut I gain
10-26-2012, 08:05 AM
Need guidance: I eat I gain, I cut I gain
Hi,

Getting a little turned off with myself. I have been at trying to fix myself and my metabolism since March 2012. I did a reset of about 10 weeks and gained. When the bloat and discomfort stopped I cut 10% and gained. After 4 weeks I ate at TDEE and gained. Now I'm in another cut cycle and am hovering +/- 1-2 lbs. what gives? How come my metabolism isn't running as it should? In all I have gained # (20 to be exact) and inches! I had to buy bigger clothes and they too are getting snug.

I'm 42 female
5'6"
205 lbs
I eat 5-6 little meals per day
Low activity level (been suffering from migraines and neck aches so can't do much)

I do have a hard time hitting my macros but could that alone be the root cause of this? I'm set to 40 carbs, 30 protein and 30 fat. But I usually hit 47 carbs, 20 protein, 33 fat. Can that be the only thing?

Any guidance, encouragement would be much appreciated. Cause honestly, 8 months of gaining is starting to freak me...though I REALLY want this to work for me.

Thanks!

Nadia
This makes sense, so it has to work Cool
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2012, 08:23 AM
RE: Need guidance: I eat I gain, I cut I gain
Hi there,

There are a few things to look at, since you aren't too active, I would say the first thing to try is getting the macros in control. Get the fat and carbs down and protein way up!

Did you do your calculation at Sedentary or light activity?

Have you every had your thyroid checked?

Are you sleeping well?

Any major stress factors? (sounds like the migraines alone can be a huge stress factor)

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
10-26-2012, 09:17 AM
Hi Lucia!

Thanks for your quick response.

I calculated my numbers using low activity.
My thyroid has been checked and all is good.
Sleeping like a champ!
Stress was high but better now. Migraines, head and neck aches do concern me since they affect my quality of life.
I really struggle with the macros...will try to get more close to them, more often. I'm just surprise that macros alone would be causing this.

I'm almost at my time to go back to TDEE (I do one month cut, one week TDEE). Do I do it or do I keep at my 10% cut or even up it to 15% just to jump start my body?

Nadia
This makes sense, so it has to work Cool
10-26-2012, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2012 12:43 PM by Kiki.)
Nadia, have you started lifting yet?

I know you've been hesitant in the past wink

More muscle will increase your metabolism. Likewise, you could've lost more muscle than you realize during the years of VLCD, thus a metabolism far lower than it should be for your stats.

I suffer from migraines too, so I only workout for maybe 2-3 weeks (intermittently) of each month. They slow me down, but anything is better than nothing. I just rest when I need to, and workout when I can. If I feel a migraine coming, I rest, no questions asked. If I have the energy, I take full advantage of it while it lasts.

Sometimes it's a crapshoot Sad , but even on my limited workout sched, I'm able to see improvements.

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Do I need to eat more? No weight gain over vacation wookiemouse 3 611 08-03-2017 10:33 PM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  Gain on cut after lifting heavy? tillymonstar 1 1,219 09-18-2015 10:01 PM
Last Post: AnitraSoto
  reset serious weight gain, working out and glycogen.... MichelleStiff 7 8,616 02-03-2015 07:34 PM
Last Post: tillymonstar
  significant gain in weight and inches runnermom85 5 5,049 11-09-2013 10:20 PM
Last Post: runnermom85
  Ready to throw in the towel after 2 months of OCD food measuring only to GAIN! LuvAlaska 4 7,589 11-01-2013 07:01 AM
Last Post: AnitraSoto