Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reality Check - mag article
10-31-2012, 09:43 AM
Reality Check - mag article
Didn't know where else to put this, but wanted to share an old article.

Just to reiterate what we are always saying about how "temporary" the bodies that we see on magazine, workout vids, figure competitions, etc. are. Those women do NOT look like that year round, and unless we are aiming for the stage, we should be seeking more realistic physique goals.

Hope this interests someone...

[Image: D969C02A-6D94-40D0-9773-3C762BA55C48-989...B0D828.jpg]

[Image: 435945AF-E285-4100-90CB-7337AE063EC3-989...0D1998.jpg]

[Image: FAC14F25-8DED-4AF3-9B8E-B9BCB751D86F-989...717C54.jpg]

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2012, 05:31 PM
RE: Reality Check - mag article
awesome article! Thanks for sharing happy
Find all posts by this user
11-01-2012, 12:56 PM
I personally like the "NON" stage-ready pics better:-p

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
11-09-2012, 01:41 PM
I confess that for years I never thought competitive bodybuilders or movie stars/models/what-have-you ever looked any different in person than they did in the limelight. In my little world, I always imagined them looking perfect and never ever straying away from the strictest regimens that got them to where they are at competition or movie-time. I imagined them to be superhuman almost, and born with fantastic genes and personal restraint allowing them to fend off a glazed donut with a laser gaze. (Ok, I still believed in the Tooth Fairy, too, until just recently.)

And I have to admit to being one of those people who felt a little better about myself when I saw some of the tabloid photos of stars looking like me; frumpy, disheveled and gasp, sporting extra poundage.

It was a relief to know the truth; they're human, too. And it's good to know that although I'll doubtfully ever achieve extremely low body fat levels, just doing what I can to improve myself from here on out is beneficial. I'll never look like these athletes because I lack the drive and determination, but where there's a will, there's a way. If I have a slip, all I can do is dust myself off and get back on track. I didn't become overweight overnight, this was a 54 year project in the making and it's gonna take some time to undo. But I have the tools, the same ones the bodybuilders and stars have, common sense eating, lifting and living. And EM2WL!
06-14-2013, 10:08 PM
Check out this interesting article, thought it related to this post http://everydayfeminism.com/2013/06/what...n-anyways/
06-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Great article! Thank you for posting!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A great article on lifestyle & weight loss mrsukyankee 3 4,629 03-22-2015 06:02 PM
Last Post: Jdnara