Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you always meet your TDEE?
07-10-2012, 03:44 PM
RE: Do you always meet your TDEE?
Greek yogurt is amazing! Replace sour cream with it, fo rillies! I use it on lettuce-wrap tacos all the time and it's amazing. I even used to put it in my Spaghetti Squash "mac and cheese" to use less cheese but still keep a very creamy consistency. It somehow mimics the taste of whatever it's mixed with. Greek yogurt is super versatile, so I'd recommend it to anyone.

I used Chobani brand, personally!

MFP // Recipe Blog // DA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 01:14 PM
For the most part, I do eat my TDEE with cut. Sometimes I'm below it but I don't think I've ever been above it.

Helene big grin
Find all posts by this user
07-13-2012, 04:37 PM
I also eat greek yogurt on everything. My favourite is on a baked potato and I also add it to butter chicken yummmmm.

Another low fat but high protein snack is turkey pepperoni, probably a bit high in sodium but it makes a decent little snack. Only like 120 cals and 12 grams of protein in 2 sticks.
07-14-2012, 09:57 PM
(07-13-2012 04:37 PM)HeidiHoMom Wrote:  Another low fat but high protein snack is turkey pepperoni, probably a bit high in sodium but it makes a decent little snack. Only like 120 cals and 12 grams of protein in 2 sticks.

Turkey pepperoni... damn! Sounds so yum, but also sounds like something I'd never find in Australia haha. I must admit I do love buying turkey mince and making turkey burgers though.

I'm getting better with my marcos. Although recently I've taken to having at least 2 protein shakes per day just to stay on top of the protein/carb levels. I find it too hard otherwise. Not complaining though, as they're so filling!

I used to think that the meaning of life could be found in a spicy prawn sushi roll, now I am 158% sure that it is found in any type of protein. ANY type.
07-17-2012, 08:55 AM
I do love greek yogurt - I eat it daily happy. I haven't thought of using it as a subsitute for sour cream because I don't love sour cream BUT that would add some protein to a baked potato...

Heidi - I just bought some turkey pepperoni sticks...so will definitely begin noshing on those in the afternoon....

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't -- you're right"

---Henry Ford
07-21-2012, 01:43 AM
I use plain yogurt (greek very pricey here) as a mayo sub in my tuna. Mix with a bit of mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, red wine vinegar, pepper, salt. Works pretty well for like, a 10th of the calories and fat!
07-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Greek yogurt is the bomb!

"Just a fat guy on a quest to be in shape again, and bring the magic of free gun shows to all! "

What is TDEE and what you should know?
http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com/show....php?tid=2

Upping you calories? Know what to expect?
http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com/show....php?tid=1
08-08-2012, 09:34 PM
I have been cutting mayonnaise with organic plain yogurt to make tuna salad and chicken salad. 1 part mayo to 2 parts yogurt seems to do the trick. You keep the mayo flavor without all the fat and you get the probiotics with it!

Sharon
08-09-2012, 08:55 AM
(08-08-2012 09:34 PM)theostlerscat Wrote:  I have been cutting mayonnaise with organic plain yogurt to make tuna salad and chicken salad. 1 part mayo to 2 parts yogurt seems to do the trick. You keep the mayo flavor without all the fat and you get the probiotics with it!

That is a good idea right there...I will have to try it. I have actually been making my tuna with one of the wholly guacamole 100 cal paks. It is loaded with good fats which helps me meet my goal and it is so very tasty too.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue