Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gingerbread Pancakes
11-19-2012, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2012 10:08 AM by orphylea.)
Gingerbread Pancakes
Here is the original recipe, which was from Ms. Skinny (I hate that name, lol), the slow cooker person on FB. My notes are off to the side or below.

Gingerbread Pancakes
•⅔ cup non-dairy milk – I used unsweetened almond milk and reduced to about 1/3-1/2 cup
•¼ cup egg whites or 1 flax egg (1 tbsp freshly ground flax + 3 tbsp water)- I used egg whites
•1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
•1 tablespoon chia seed
•1 teaspoon gluten-free pure vanilla extract (I'm not GF)
•10 drops vanilla stevia or 2 tbsp xylitol (Vanilla stevia)
•⅔ cup chickpea flour (I think this flour is better in savory, not sweet recipes. I used 1/3 c. low carb baking mix and 1/3 c. oats)
•1 teaspoon baking powder
•1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•1 teaspoon ground ginger
•⅛ teaspoon ground cloves

Combine almond milk and chia and allow to sit for 10 minutes – this will get the chia all gelatinous and good for your digestion. Alternatively, allow the chia to soak overnight in the milk, then add to the recipe. Preheat a small non-stick pan on medium-low heat for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to the wet ingredients. Stir until just mixed. Pour ¼ of the mixture into the preheated pan. Allow the first side to cook for 3-4 minutes, or until bubbles form and the edges begin to turn golden. Flip and allow to cook for another 1-2 minutes. Place completed pancake on cooling rack and repeat with remaining batter. Serve with melted coconut oil, maple syrup, chopped apple and pecans.

***I just made one giant pancake and if DH was lucky, I shared. I think it's a pretty forgiving recipe in that you can sub any flour you like. I think oat flour would be great, but I liked the oats whole in there too. I would like to try with almond flour but haven't had a chance yet.

Patti
Currently doing everything Cathe! happy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 10:13 AM
RE: Gingerbread Pancakes
Looks great! Thanks fr sharing!

Time to ditch the scale and pick up the barbell!!!
11-21-2012, 11:45 AM
I am going to be making these babies over the weekend!

Thanks for posting!
=D
11-21-2012, 12:03 PM
I think the only ingredients I have for this are the spices!!! Sad I'd have to make some serious adjustments or go shopping first.... but they sure do look delicious!!

Nicole
~ I do now what others won't - so I can have later what others can't.
11-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Patti, I just wish I lived next door to you!!! I would just leave my plate by the door in the morning and evenings...lol

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
11-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Lucia, what can I say, I like a good meal! I would totally feed you- I love an appreciative eater! big grin

Patti
Currently doing everything Cathe! happy