Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What to expect and do I need a reset?
12-14-2012, 09:25 PM
What to expect and do I need a reset?
Hello!
I am brand new to the site, and the concept. I found you on MFP a few days ago, and I am so grateful. I just started a new 'Weight-loss Program', and I am so happy I found this information before I spent any more days at 1200 calories.

My main question is: How will I know if I need to do a Reset?

I am : 5-4", 162lbs, 38% BF, and have spent the last 14 months binging 30 pounds back onto my body. I am clueless about how many calories I actually ate during that time (pure emotional trauma eating, so just stuffing it in).

I started 2 weeks ago with a new mindset to end this yo-yo nightmare. I started Chalene Extreme, logged into MFP, and did the 1200 cal for about 2 weeks, and then found you!

So I am ready to do it right this time. My goal is to re-shape my body by losing BF, and weight, to finally be truly Fit. Maybe about 132 and 22% BF would be nice.

I am hoping to just start with the 15-20% deficit, having spent the last year eating way over my TDEE.
When I ran the numbers it appears my BMR is just under 1400, and my TDEE is just over 2000.
So I am at 1600 calories now.

Am I at the right intake? What should I look for? And how will I know if I need to do a reset?

I am so grateful for all you are doing to help so many people.
I am excited and relieved to have found you and to be a part of the process.

Thank you for any and all advice...
all the best,
Betsy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2012, 11:26 PM
RE: What to expect and do I need a reset?
:-) Welcome again. I responded in your other thread.

So glad you are here!

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Information Upping Cals - What to expect & why you need patience... EM2WL 22 43,033 07-31-2016 06:20 AM
Last Post: AnitraSoto
  What to expect when I cut Dakota 27 26,872 07-29-2015 07:02 PM
Last Post: Dakota
  Not clear on what to expect when doing NROLFW while starting my reset! ajmccracken11 2 5,934 04-24-2013 03:21 PM
Last Post: ajmccracken11