Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Eat Stop Eat
12-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Eat Stop Eat
Has anyone seen this foodplan?
It has gotten some decent reviews online from what I can tell.

If anyone has tried it, please share?

Also thanks to whoever sent me the link to Frugal Fitness Mike's twitter and webpage!

Lisa
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2012, 12:03 PM
RE: Eat Stop Eat
I've done ESE, and I don't like it. Intermittent fasting (which is what this is) is a HUGE binge trigger for me. It's starting to look like IF is much better for men than women, at least in rat studies. Those womanly hormones do not take kindly to perceived periods of starvation, even if it's only 24 hrs long.

What are your goals?
01-02-2013, 03:43 PM
I've not "done" ESE per se, but do have success with stopping eating at 8 and not eating in the morning until 11 or 12. I am never hungry for breakfast anyway, and hate going to the gym with anything in my stomach, so it works for me. Everyone is so different!
08-25-2013, 05:03 AM
I did ESE for a few months and it totally screwed my hormones up. I stopped getting a menstrual cycle, I was obsessed with food, then I would overeat and have stomach issues. It was a terrible thing and I am still trying to get my hormones back on track and it was 3 years ago. I just found this site and have been doing my reset now.
08-26-2013, 10:23 PM
I think the main thing with any form of intermittent fasting is to make sure that you are still eating enough and to listen to your body. You should still be taking in the proper number of calories, you are just manipulating when you eat. I sometimes follow an IF schedule since I'm not a huge breakfast eater. My caution is: Don't be so dogmatic about your eating windows that you're not eating when you are starving. It works for some people, and doesn't work well for others. Some people, especially those who have struggled with binge eating, find that this is a trigger. So if you fit into that category, I think I'd recommend proceeding with extreme caution. I've also read some stuff lately that IF can cause some hormonal adaptations that may be detrimental for your metabolism, so just be aware that there is that possibility. Also, I think if you want to experiment with IF, make sure that you are making that ONE change and stick that out to see how it affects you. Too many people change too many things at once and then aren't sure what caused the change. happy I've certainly been guilty of that more than once! Live, learn, pass it on. happy

Time to ditch the scale and pick up the barbell!!!
09-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Hey,
I tried intermittent fasting after years and years of low calorie dieting. I came to the conclusion that intermittent fasting - of the likes of 5:2, eat stop eat, lean gains, the 8 hour diet, fast five etc, probably work best for people who AREN'T coming off a restrictive diet.

I found that changing to fasting left me ravenous, and brought out binge behaviour during the non fasting periods.

I do think 5:2 helped heal my metabolism a *little* - because I was having full TDEE days between the fasts. But unlike others I talked to online, the fast days never got easier, and I seriously struggled to do the 500 calorie days (or 24 hour fasts etc).

I really believe in the health benefits of intermittent fasting - i.e. longevity, cancer prevention, dementia protection etc. My aim is now to heal my metabolism using EM2WL - doing a full reset, then cutting to my goal weight. Then and only then will I add in some fasting, making sure to still eat ENOUGH calories overall. However, I don't anticipate that I will be ready to fast for a least two years. I want to really let my body heal before I try that again.

However, if someone came to me and asked me about fasting, and they had some weight to lose, and had NEVER been on ANY diet before in their lives, I would recommend 5:2 (or other forms of IF). But for most people this isn't the case, so we're probably better off with the EM2WL approach happy

Of course this is all personal opinion...

Lucy