Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jennifer's Daily Diatribe
01-30-2013, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2016 02:55 PM by AnitraSoto.)
Wink Jennifer's Daily Diatribe
So, as an accountability factor, I'm going document here. After slowly upping my cals the last quarter of 2012, I started a full reset at the beginning of January. Here's the data: (cals burned from Fitbit calculations and food logged on MFP)

Metabolism Reset, Month 1
Starting weight 12/29: 204
Dec 30 – Jan 5
Burned 15,755
Ate 18,371 (50%C, 35%F, 15%P) Undecided
Over 2,616
Weight change from previous week: +1.4 (205.4)

Jan 6 – Jan 12
Burned 15,354
Ate 15,452 (46%C, 33%F, 21%P)
Over 98
Weight change from previous week: +1.1 (206.5)

Jan 13 – Jan 19 - TOM
Burned 15,396
Ate 14,941 (46%C, 34%F, 20%P)
Under 455
Weight change from previous week: -2.3 (204.2)

Jan 20 – 26
Burned 15,089
Ate 15,828 (43%C, 36%F, 21%P)
Over 739
Weight change from previous week: +4.3 (208.5)

Weight as of Jan 30: 206.8

I noticed that on a daily basis, I was closer to meeting the 40/30/30 macros. I usually had a higher carb day one or two days of the week that skewed the numbers a bit. I will try to be better about getting closer to 40/30/30 in the upcoming month. I did start lifting, but had to take a break due to 2 injuries. Plan to return to 2-3 days of lifting and 1 day of "other" in the next month.

Feel free to critique... blushing
You can find me on MFP -- jennilynrrtx. Always looking for more EM2WL buddies. happy

http://curvygirllifts.tumblr.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2013, 04:25 PM
RE: Jennifer's Journey to Fit
Hi there, awesome!

Regarding macros, focus on your protein and the rest usually falls right in line.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
Find all posts by this user
02-20-2013, 04:58 PM
In my 8th week of reset!
Jan 27 – Feb 2
Burned 14,925
Ate 17,786
Over 2861
Weight change from previous week: -2.1 (206.4)

Feb 3 – Feb 9
Burned 14,972
Ate 17,539
Over 2567
Weight change from previous week: +1.1 (207.5)

Feb 10 – Feb 16
Burned 15,325
Ate 18,294
Over 2969
Weight change from previous week: +3.6 (211.1)

Not too worried about that gain -- had some high sodium stuff...
As a side note, I've stopped stepping on the scale every day. It used to be a habit, and one that I stuck with...then it stopped meaning so much to me, and over the last 8 weeks, it's just gotten boring. LOL! This alone is a huge victory.

Resuming lifting now that my shoulder has healed. Still have to go easy on the foot, but, I'll manage. Undecided

02-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Lol I know what you mean. I put the scale away.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
03-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Thumbs Down RE: Jennifer's Journey to Fit
blushing
I successfully ended my reset... but then never successfully started a cut last week. This was really surprising, since I was SOOOO looking forward to the day I could start cutting cals! But it didn't happen. Either I was still hungry at the end of the day, or did emotional eating. So, today marks the beginning of a new week, and new motivation.

I signed up for the "Fight for Air Climb" and agreed to climb 31 flights of stairs, TWICE, for the American Lung Association. That is at the end of April. Better get my butt moving to get ready for that... Lots of squats and lunges and stair climbing in the next several weeks.

I need to take pics again, because it's been a month. Not expecting any progress, because I haven't done anything to make any progress other than eat. nail bitingrolling eyes

03-04-2013, 04:06 PM
OMG - the stair climbing thing sounds crazy intense. Whew - my butt hurts just thinking about it! That's so awesome that you're doing it. You'll have to report back on how it goes!

As far as cut, don't feel bad if you need to ease into it. After eating at reset, I couldn't go straight to my cut number. I had to kind of ease my way down. So no worries if it takes you a few weeks to get to your cut number!

Crystal
04-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Thumbs Down HELP! Had my BMR measured -- SO CONFUSED
I'll admit that after my reset, I just spiraled out of control and have been eating way too much. I gained weight (FAT). Okay, fine. I can live with that. For the sake of being armed with important knowledge, I went today to have my BMR tested with the face mask and the whole shebang --

My BMR is 1389... 350 calories BELOW what the calculators suggest my BMR should be. d'oh

So.... does this mean I need to subtract 350 cals from all the numbers given to me by the calculators? raised eyebrows

I know that
1) I must start pumping some serious iron. I haven't been lifting. At all. I'm guilty, I admit it.
2) I plan to have it measured again in 6 months to see the change.

Who else has experience with these tests and their accuracy? I thought this was supposed to be really accurate. Accurate or not, it's very disappointing... but at least I can proceed accordingly.... maybe... ? sigh

04-10-2013, 08:30 PM
The accuracy kinda depends on the machine.

But yes, if those are correct, then your numbers are likely off everywhere else Sad

Lifting will boost your BMR tremendously. Seriously. You really HAVE to...as we age and continue to lose muscle our BMR will continue to go down. You can reverse/slow this trend by simply tossing that iron around. It's really too good to pass up.

I recommend starting ASAP, and definitely get retested. The muscle will make a huge difference. In your shape, and your required cal intake. Muscles require food, so the more you build, the more you can eat wink

Normally, I'd recommend doing some mini bulks to make sure you add some muscle, since it's near impossible to do in a deficit. But since you are going from lifting NONE to lifting some, you will get massive newbie gains for at least a year or so. This means that you will gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.

That means you'll be smokin hot, and get to eat more. WIN. big grin

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
07-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Wink RE: Jennifer's Journey to Fit
Just an update on things. I haven't given up! (I did sort of sit in limbo for a few months, but hey, better back now than never, right?)

I went to an endocrinologist to have a workup done -- my insulin was way high for having been fasting, so now I'm on metformin. I don't go back until October to have that all rechecked. At least the doc agreed with me that the instructions I'd received from my lap-band docs after the BMR test (to eat 1,100 cals a day) was completely unreasonable. Not that I didn't know that already, but... it helps when another medical professional agrees that regardless of the circumstances, those instructions are crazy and not healthy. She advised me to continue eating my 1500-1800, which I like.

Just recently changed my work schedule so that I could start doing my morning workouts without having to get up at the @$$ crack of dawn. So far that is going well. I am in week 2 of doing regular workouts. I feel much better when I get it out of the way first thing in the morning.

Now I'm just reminding myself daily that every day I can look in the mirror and know I worked out that day is better than the alternative... and to "Trust the process."

08-03-2013, 09:28 AM
Let us know how the metformin works for you, my husband is diabetic but controls it through eating low-carb and taking metformin.