Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It's Not About a "Magic Number"
03-01-2013, 05:08 PM
RE: It's Not About a "Magic Number"
Holy crap. That video just blew me away! I replaced my digital scale with a cheaper mechanical scale figuring "Eh, I only use it to measure a few things." Ummm...I think as soon as I have the extra $$ I'm going to get a digital again and measure a heck of a lot more often!

Crystal
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2013, 11:53 AM
RE: It's Not About a "Magic Number"
(02-25-2013 10:36 AM)regina Wrote:  
(02-24-2013 01:38 PM)Kiki Wrote:  Regina- I seriously want to cry I'm so stinking happy for you!!

Thanks, I almost cried myself when I put all the stats together. I'm most excited that my BF goal is closer (and at a higher weigh) than before!!! lovestruck

I'm almost scared to trust that I finally figured out things. Honestly, I think my body just finally decided to trust that I figured out things.

One of the keys for me, in addition to weighing everything, was to increase carb intake. My body doesn't know that low carb is supposed to be the way to lose weight.

You gals rock and I'm so glad to finally have some good news to report. I did take before pics and once I can see a real difference, I might find the courage to post before and afters.

Heidi, I really believe honesty with my diary was the trick for me. I have french fries every Saturday (my guilty pleasure). Ketchup is fat free (old VLCD mentality) so I didn't bother to log it. Turns out I was eating 60-90 calories of ketchup. That's just one small thing. I can't imagine how many other BLTs (bites, licks, tastes) I wasn't counting.

I am pretty sure that is the reason I have been stuck. I think that there are several times that I am eating of my kids' plates, little bites ect that I am not counting. This leads to not knowing your true numbers. Congrats on your success!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply