Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tell us YOUR story?
07-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Tell us YOUR story?
Hello! So! I'm interested to hear all of YOUR stories on how you were before/after coming across this fabulous EM2WL community. What made you give it a shot? How good or bad were your health and fitness habits before? How do you feel now? Go on! Write us a book telling us your battles and triumphs. happy Hopefully we can learn from others' mistakes or successes!

Sometimes, it just feels good to get it off your chest. It allows you to reflect on the damages you have or have not done, to help motivate you for the times to come. So, give it a shot! If you want, of course.

I'll go first!

---

Hi! I'm Alex. I'm 20 years old, 5'2.5" and 114.4 lbs. I have Hypothyroidism, but I try to not let that be an excuse for my weight issues.

I started my EM2WL journey on Monday, July 2, 2012 and I hope to recover from my fear of food and the number on the scale. My history of eating is that I maintained a low calorie diet of 650 calories for around 5-6 months. I ate two meals a day, with absolutely no protein at all. I lost all of my muscle mass and got down to 97 pounds. I was nothing but fat, super weak, tired all the time, moody, exhausted, and faint. I couldn't even lift a gallon of milk into the fridge without using my two hands! However, that didn't matter to me; I was "thin!"

Time went on, and I was tired of not eating anything and just enjoying myself when I went places. I would get tired half-way through any activity (and activities for me were grocery shopping or walking in general) and become super annoyed at anyone and everyone. This caused me to relapse. I started to not care what I ate. Chips and dip? Sure! Ice cream and apple pie? Yes, please! Pina Coladas? The more the better. Yes. My diet went south. I started drinking several times a week. However, during this time, I started weight training. Very confusing-- I know! Lets eat super awful and lift weights at the same time! Laughable, really. However, this DID make me gain a lot of my muscle back. I did this for 2 1/2 months and gained 17 pounds (part fat, part muscle). The gallon of milk was, thus, triumphed! I could easily lift it into the fridge with one hand. It was great... For a while.

I soon fell back to my bad habits once I realized how much weight I actually HAD gained and how gross my eating had become. My size 0s and 1s were still fitting, albeit very, very tightly. I panicked. I stopped weight lifting for a month or two, dropped my calories to 750 and attempted to lose more weight. Only... 750 calories wasn't enough for me anymore. It was too difficult. Yet, going over would make me feel so, so guilty, but go over I did. Every day. I tried zig-zagging between 750-1000 calories for about a month. Started actively doing pilates for 30 minutes, 6 days a week. Yet, I soon got tired and couldn't function. The workouts I had been doing became extra strenuous. I took a break from that for a week and a half after a month of doing it.

That's when I came across the EM2WL community. I have since slowly upped my calories to 1400 a day, with 30 minutes of weight lifting set out in 10 minute intervals throughout the day, 3-4 days a week. I know I'm likely going to gain more weight, but I'm finally enjoying myself and not feeling guilty about the foods I eat. Yes, I'm now being healthy in my food choices. I no longer drink or stuff my face with candies, chips, and cakes (unless it has my home-made special healthy twist, of course!) and I have very much upped my protein intake!

I feel prepared for the ups and downs of this journey, and I hope it will work out for me in the long run. I'll admit to being scared and slightly skeptical, but all of you here are so motivating, that I'm CERTAIN I'm doing the right thing. This is just something I -HAVE- to do. I can't eat 650 calories for the rest of my life. It's not fun or healthy. I'm already feeling happier now that I'm eating more, having DOUBLED what I used to eat! Crazy, right? I'm hardly feeling guilty, either. It's fantastic.

So how about you? Lets hear it! However much or little you'd like to tell, I'm always curious.

MFP // Recipe Blog // DA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2012, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 03:34 PM by Lucia.)
RE: Tell us YOUR story?
(07-10-2012 10:32 AM)Settuccini Wrote:  Hello! So! I'm interested to hear all of YOUR stories on how you were before/after coming across this fabulous EM2WL community. What made you give it a shot? How good or bad were your health and fitness habits before? How do you feel now? Go on! Write us a book telling us your battles and triumphs. happy Hopefully we can learn from others' mistakes or successes!

Sometimes, it just feels good to get it off your chest. It allows you to reflect on the damages you have or have not done, to help motivate you for the times to come. So, give it a shot! If you want, of course.

I'll go first!

---

Hi! I'm Alex. I'm 20 years old, 5'2.5" and 114.4 lbs. I have Hypothyroidism, but I try to not let that be an excuse for my weight issues.

I started my EM2WL journey on Monday, July 2, 2012 and I hope to recover from my fear of food and the number on the scale. My history of eating is that I maintained a low calorie diet of 650 calories for around 5-6 months. I ate two meals a day, with absolutely no protein at all. I lost all of my muscle mass and got down to 97 pounds. I was nothing but fat, super weak, tired all the time, moody, exhausted, and faint. I couldn't even lift a gallon of milk into the fridge without using my two hands! However, that didn't matter to me; I was "thin!"

Time went on, and I was tired of not eating anything and just enjoying myself when I went places. I would get tired half-way through any activity (and activities for me were grocery shopping or walking in general) and become super annoyed at anyone and everyone. This caused me to relapse. I started to not care what I ate. Chips and dip? Sure! Ice cream and apple pie? Yes, please! Pina Coladas? The more the better. Yes. My diet went south. I started drinking several times a week. However, during this time, I started weight training. Very confusing-- I know! Lets eat super awful and lift weights at the same time! Laughable, really. However, this DID make me gain a lot of my muscle back. I did this for 2 1/2 months and gained 17 pounds (part fat, part muscle). The gallon of milk was, thus, triumphed! I could easily lift it into the fridge with one hand. It was great... For a while.

I soon fell back to my bad habits once I realized how much weight I actually HAD gained and how gross my eating had become. My size 0s and 1s were still fitting, albeit very, very tightly. I panicked. I stopped weight lifting for a month or two, dropped my calories to 750 and attempted to lose more weight. Only... 750 calories wasn't enough for me anymore. It was too difficult. Yet, going over would make me feel so, so guilty, but go over I did. Every day. I tried zig-zagging between 750-1000 calories for about a month. Started actively doing pilates for 30 minutes, 6 days a week. Yet, I soon got tired and couldn't function. The workouts I had been doing became extra strenuous. I took a break from that for a week and a half after a month of doing it.

That's when I came across the EM2WL community. I have since slowly upped my calories to 1400 a day, with 30 minutes of weight lifting set out in 10 minute intervals throughout the day, 3-4 days a week. I know I'm likely going to gain more weight, but I'm finally enjoying myself and not feeling guilty about the foods I eat. Yes, I'm now being healthy in my food choices. I no longer drink or stuff my face with candies, chips, and cakes (unless it has my home-made special healthy twist, of course!) and I have very much upped my protein intake!

I feel prepared for the ups and downs of this journey, and I hope it will work out for me in the long run. I'll admit to being scared and slightly skeptical, but all of you here are so motivating, that I'm CERTAIN I'm doing the right thing. This is just something I -HAVE- to do. I can't eat 650 calories for the rest of my life. It's not fun or healthy. I'm already feeling happier now that I'm eating more, having DOUBLED what I used to eat! Crazy, right? I'm hardly feeling guilty, either. It's fantastic.

So how about you? Lets hear it! However much or little you'd like to tell, I'm always curious.

Wow what an amazing story, thank you for sharing! Since my story is plastered throughout MFP and the website I will spare you...lol

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply