Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2013 Metabolism Reset Group
03-24-2013, 12:57 AM
2013 Metabolism Reset Group
I have read through the 2012 metabolism reset group, and I felt that's what's missing right about now. So here we are, those doing the reset at the moment, I'm interested to hear your progress. Those who have done the reset, post here to re-assure us we'll get past those hurdles.

I am commencing week 6 of my reset as of tomorrow. This week I just only got over the ravishing hunger/fatigue phase. But I've heard week 5/6 can be mentally challenging, and I'm definitely feeling it. My clothes are a bit tight, so that doesn't help.

What week are you up to?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2013, 08:26 AM
RE: 2013 Metabolism Reset Group
(03-24-2013 12:57 AM)amazegirl Wrote:  I have read through the 2012 metabolism reset group, and I felt that's what's missing right about now. So here we are, those doing the reset at the moment, I'm interested to hear your progress. Those who have done the reset, post here to re-assure us we'll get past those hurdles.

I am commencing week 6 of my reset as of tomorrow. This week I just only got over the ravishing hunger/fatigue phase. But I've heard week 5/6 can be mentally challenging, and I'm definitely feeling it. My clothes are a bit tight, so that doesn't help.

What week are you up to?

I am in Week 7 of my reset. At the beginning, I constantly felt like I wanted to vomit from eating so much more than I was used to. I have no problem eating all of my calories now. I did not expect time to pass so quickly. So far I have gained 9 pounds. My clothes still fit, but my jeans are snug in the seat and thighs, and I can't wear button down shirts for fear of giving an inpromptu peep show. Even my t-shirt bra is too small... I wish I had not gotten rid of my larger bras lol. But I'm kind of pleased that I've gained in "the right places" if you know what I mean lol. Hope I don't lose too much of it when I cut. :-\

Anyway, I was planning to reset for one more week, as my weight is stabilizing and yes, I wanted to have time to cut before summer lol. I am happier, sleeping better, and my skin has cleared up. Proper nutrition FTW.
03-27-2013, 08:45 AM
I did the same thing with the clothes. Before I even heard about a metabolism reset and why I needed one, I purged my closet so I only had my 'mini-me' clothes, anticipating never gaining weight again. Now it's half my closet. But I'm having trouble focusing in my lectures (I'm at 'college') and I'm tired all the time at the moment. I hope this turns around pretty soon, because it doesn't feel all that nice.

I've got 4 more days before entering week 7 and it's hard because my everyday tasks are hard a the the moment. Did this part hit you hard? I reduced my cals by 100cal/day this week because I wouldn't be doing too much exercise (because I don't have the energy to do any more than 3 sessions at the moment). But My nails got harder, skin less dry/clearer. I'm up nearly 6 pounds. My weight and measurements stabilized for a few weeks, but this week up slightly, I will have to see at my end of week weigh in how my progress is.

It's all been very up and down. week 1 and 2 loving it with my energy levels going up, doing my workouts, week 3 hating it due to weight gain, feeling so pudgy, week 4 loving it as I started to lose a bit (but hating it as I hit the ravenously hungry stage). Week 5 and 6 hating it because I feel tired and fatigued Sad and the fatigued feeling reminds me of where I was at the start, hence it's hard mentally at this point.
03-31-2013, 02:27 AM
Just wanting to give hope to those out there in the fatigue phase. I felt like it would never end. I was at the end of my tether, holding on by a thread entering week 6. Then Day 4 of week 6 my energy returned. Feeling like a different person now, able to handle the gym again and everyday stresses. I'm entering week 7 now and boy do I feel like a Marshmallow (even though I have been working my muscles all this time! I am hoping this week I will stabilize. I'm hoping tomorrows measurements will be the same as last week and that maybe I'll start dropping a few. But I have NO idea what to expect. It feels like it's been an uphill battle, but I feel like I'm finally getting a few blows in. I know I have gained muscle, they are firmer (underneath the softness) but 6 pounds just feels like a lot. My ultimate goal is to see a diff between my before and after pic. This seems like it's taking forever though!
03-31-2013, 11:32 PM
Just wanted to update that today I took my progress picture. The strange thing is my inches didn't appear to have shifted and my weight was exactly the same, but there is a definitely a slight difference in my body shape when you compare my week 3 pic to my week 7 pic. It's odd because I'd have expected it to be reflected in my circumference measurements. But I'm just glad progress is being made!
04-01-2013, 07:16 AM
I'm in week 8 of my reset. I hadn't planned on resetting this long but somewhere around week 4 I decided to incorporate the "Kickstart your year 4 week workout plan" which consisted of 2 weeks mini - bulk and 2 weeks mini -burn routines. I extended the mini -burn to 4 weeks since it called for going to the gym 5 days a week which isn't an option for me. I'm maintaining eating at TDEE throughout. I too have noticed in the last couple of weeks my thighs feel bigger (jeans snug) yet firmer. Weight has been steady more/less. Am excited to start cutting though.

I've become used to the eating at this point, the one mistake I was making was not paying attention to my macros. I thought once I didn't go over my daily allotments I was ok, but not so when I looked at the pie chart that breaks it down. So now it takes me more time in planning my meals, moving things around so that everything evens out.

Good luck all...
04-06-2013, 05:56 AM
Okay, I'm finishing off week 7, entering week 8 next week. I feel a bit flat this week. Because I switched phases, I'm not as pumped up. Also next week is rest week as well as last week of reset. I'm starting to get worried that there won't be much muscular difference when I cut, even though I did my best, I'm just feeling softer this week, but my bust feels smaller. I'll have to see what my circumferences are day after tomorrow. Pretty much measurement wise, nothing has shifted as of yet.
04-11-2013, 01:37 AM
It's week 8 day 4. I am feeling much slimmer, slipped into my summer dress easy. Looking forward to measuring circumferences and weight at the end of this wk (I skipped the last one due to TOM). I am nervous about cut so I'm asking kiki heaps of questions! My energy is ok, but maybe slightly drained due to study stress.
04-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Hi amazegirl....I'm getting ready to start upping my calories on my way to a reset and I'm reading everything I can find. I'm wondering how the last week has been for you???
04-18-2013, 10:04 PM
The last week was the quickest(week 7 seemed to last forever for me). There was a very minor difference in pictures from week 6-week 8, mostly a tiny reduction in my hip area, but measurements didn't show.

If you are lifting heavy, be sure not to make the same mistake as I did with measurements. When measuring your hip measurement, split it and take half and half (see the blog on measurements for further details), because my hip measurement went up, but I took a general all round one. I know my Glutes are much more muscular, but I can't tell if it was just the muscle at the back that attributed to most of this.

My weight has stayed the same but there is quite a diff between week 3 pic and week 8 pic (week 3 I'm quite chubby looking, week 8 more toned). Actually all measurements are about the same, give or take 0.5cm. So please take pictures, that's really the best way to track progress.

Also clothes. In the beginning I had to split my closet because some things would not go on (my butt blew up and I couldn't fit into a few skirts). I put the things I couldn't fit into away and just accepted where I was. I had faith though, that by the end I would begin to fit back in. The relief I gained from just eating maintenance and focusing on workouts was fantastic. No more mental head space filled up with a desperation to be something else at all times. It was unexpected, but what I really needed.

In week 8 I found I was able to fit back into a few things. Week 8 I had energy back on day 7 of my rest week as I I got up and did a workout and that cleared all the sedentary cobwebs in my head. I looked forward to cut. But my body wasn't ready for 10% cut (I found that out this week when my mood shot all over the place) so I've had to take it really slow with maintenance on workout days, and cut 3 times a week on rest days. More so I got worried because I began to take on that "got to lose weight by ________" mindset and this stressed me out. Mentally I'm much better off taking it as slow as I can and letting my body do it's thing, accepting that I may not be 'perfect' by the time my birthday comes around, but that's ok.

The best thing is, I have been lifting heavy for 5 years. But because I wasn't eating enough and didn't know it, I had been stagnated and going backwards for quite a while. Pretty much if you look at Kiki's start picture, it was like that. Lifting but no longer looking defined, slightly chubby due to the poor metabolism. My muscles were softer. Now I feel harder. My butt, my biceps, my back, my thighs, my calves. My friend actually slapped my thigh in week 8 when we were joking around, and exclaimed how hard it was, I didn't notice until she mentioned it. Around week 8 I also had a few people tell me that they noticed I was looking fitter, which was a nice surprise as well. I'm not a goal yet, but I'm a world away from where I began.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Metabolism reset and regret, ugh nsrn1616 15 14,377 08-01-2015 11:09 AM
Last Post: mrsukyankee
  Week 11 Metabolism Reset, where should I go from here? MaryGold 4 6,725 04-08-2015 03:43 AM
Last Post: mrsukyankee
  Metabolism Reset Group Raynn 55 69,652 07-29-2012 11:42 AM
Last Post: skbarton