Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello from the UK - Your help is needed
05-06-2013, 04:02 AM
Smile Hello from the UK - Your help is needed
Hi all wave

I'm needing a little help from you guys please.....

A bit of background information first. I joined MFP 10 weeks ago, input all my personal info and it put me on 1300 cals and obviously this dropped to 1250cals as the weight reduced. I've completed 30 day Shred and go to the gym for cardio 4 or 5 times a week (I did eat some of the calories back but not all) and as it's warm in the UK today will probably go on 2 x 1 hour (leisurely) walks. I have lost 13lbs during this 10 week period and 18".

This week I haven't lost any weight (I've netted average of 1072 cals a day) but I have been soooooooo hungry and reading so much I understand why, I'm eating nowhere near enough. Hence why I've joined this forum.

I must admit I'm feeling quite scared in upping my calorie intake so this is where I need your advice.

My details which I input into Scoobysworkshop:

153lbs
67"
3-5 hours of moderate exercise
15% reduction
3 meals a day

This gives:
BMR: 1426
TDEE: 2211
TDEE 15%: 1879

Any advice that you could give me would be very much appreciated and many, many thanks in advance Shy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: Hello from the UK - Your help is needed
Hi and welcome to forums!

1072 cals? Yikes! Glad you happened upon us in only 10wks. Too many of us find this lifestyle after many years of low cal diets. What is the rest of your diet history like? Were you low cal before this MFP stint?

If you don't have a long history of low cals, I'd suggest you go ahead and start inching those cals up now wink

You can increase to cut (TDEE -15%) right away, or just add the cals slowly (50-100cals/wk) until you get there.

Be sure that protein is included in the foods that you add as you increase cals, it will help keep your metabolism on track as you increase. Increase carbs and fiber foods a bit slowly at first, to reduce bloat. But as your body gets accustomed to them, keep your intakes at a healthy rate. A goal that most shoot for in the beginning is 40/30/30 (percentage of carbs/protein/fat), and then tweak as necessary according to goals. (obviously these levels will differ if you have health considerations - ie. diabetes = lower carbs, kidney issues = lower protein) but those general goals are fine for most. You can change these levels in you MFP settings. If you need help with this just give us a holler.

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2013, 03:38 PM
RE: Hello from the UK - Your help is needed
Thanks for your reply Kiki

I wasn't low cal before this MFP stint so I was hoping you'd suggest to cut straight to TDEE -15%

I've already eaten to this today and I feel a lot better in doing so. Last week I couldn't wait for my next meal I was that hungry and so tired.

When working (Mon-Fri) my food diary looks similar to this:

Breakfast: 2 x Weetabix, 150ml semi-skimmed milk, 2 coffees again with semi-skimmed milk
Lunch: Ham/Prawns/Chicken, spinach, cucumber, baby plum tomatoes, peppers, spring onions, celery, avacado. Shape 0% yogurt
Dinner: Chicken, potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, garden peas, gravy. Frozen yogurt/fat free Greek Yogurt with fruit
Snacks: Milled oatcakes with peanut butter, banana/melon/strawberries/plums

I shall probably stick to the above as it's foods I enjoy but increase the quantities unless you have any further suggestions.

Ideally I'd love to lose 10lbs in the next 10 weeks before our holiday to the States happy dance
Find all posts by this user