Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Brand new Me!!
05-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Exclamation A Brand new Me!!
Today I began to eat healthy. I knew I need to stop eating junk food and really get my life back. I also went on scoobysworkshop.com to calculate my proper calories 1694 calories. I am beginning this change today. for work outs I put moderate working out 5 days a week for 25 minuets to start.
my username on my fitness pal is ladyinwating4 would love lots of friends who are doing this . I need lots of support on this. today is the day I take my life back and get this weight losted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2013, 03:43 PM
RE: A Brand new Me!!
Hi Katie. On your other post you mentioned binge eating and I have to say that I think binge eating has been much less of an issue for me ever since I started eating the proper calorie amount. So hopefully you will experience the same thing. Also, I was wondering if you'd mind any help with checking your calorie numbers. The reason I ask is that 1694 sounds like it could be a bit low for working out 5 days a week. I don't mind running numbers for you if you care to share your stats!

I'll send you a friend request on MFP. I'm SweatpantsRebellion on MFP. Support makes all the difference. The EM2WL group is WONDERFUL and I don't know that I could've made it as far as I have without all of the support!

Crystal
05-13-2013, 04:00 PM
(05-13-2013 03:43 PM)CrystalFueled Wrote:  Hi Katie. On your other post you mentioned binge eating and I have to say that I think binge eating has been much less of an issue for me ever since I started eating the proper calorie amount. So hopefully you will experience the same thing. Also, I was wondering if you'd mind any help with checking your calorie numbers. The reason I ask is that 1694 sounds like it could be a bit low for working out 5 days a week. I don't mind running numbers for you if you care to share your stats!

I'll send you a friend request on MFP. I'm SweatpantsRebellion on MFP. Support makes all the difference. The EM2WL group is WONDERFUL and I don't know that I could've made it as far as I have without all of the support!

I sent you a pm on mfp with my stats. I defintely would like help to find my proper calories.
05-13-2013, 04:15 PM
Hi Katie. I just pm'ed you back!

Crystal
05-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Today begins day two of the reset. yesterday I ate as close to my tdee as possible. the intersting thing was I got full and satisfied . I have been drinking a lot of water 1-2 glasses 30 minuets before each meal and 1-2 glasses after each meal. making wiser choices. I learned that I was very mal nourished with eating a lot of " crap food" my body was starving for nutrients. so my decision on Sunday to buy healthy food at the store and no junk was a smart one. I still have to finish some store shopping today to buy some lemon/ limes and cherries to flavor my own water with some splash of fruit. I didn't feel bloated at all after I finished but nice and full. not over stuffed to the gills with food.
05-14-2013, 11:17 PM
THIS ^^^ is AWESOMENESS!! applause Keep it up and welcome to the fam! big hug
05-15-2013, 04:10 PM
today I am on day 4 of the metabolic reset. It sounds silly but its nice to have the freedom to eat and know I have plenty of calories left over for dinner and a treat later. despite being an eating machine today ( at least healthy things). I don't know if its all the years starving from mal nourishment and lack of nutrients or if its an emotional thing or both. I really wish I could tell how to figure this out? I want to make sure I keep on track with my eating and work outs . I don't ever want to do anything to return to the 250 pound girl I was when I began. I could use tons of support especially on mfp I am fighting everyday to keep a float and on track. some of the fears about what if you gain back your 250 pounds come back to bother you. I ignore the fears I press forwardhappy I know I need to do this for me and cross the finish.
05-16-2013, 11:52 AM
today day 5 metabolic reset. the way this works is I start eating my calories on my birthday how is that for a treat. today I knew I needed to address this binge eating/ emotional eating deal so I enrolled myself in a 60 day online rehab class to address these issues. they have two meal plans plan A is to extreme and not a good one for me to do. Plan B is intuitive eating so I opted for that one.

so far I ate twice only when my stomach was actually growling. I am trying to train myself in this eating plan. I know as I keep going it will come natural to me.
05-20-2013, 09:40 AM
I am on day 7 of the metabolic reset so far its been really good. I haven't gained as much weight as I thought I did . the way some people talked I would gain like 20 pounds. I only gained a few pounds. my main focus is getting my body set right to learn to eat again. to be free from the bondages of food. I am actually not having any binge problems so far and little by little the binges are breaking off. my class has me on the plan B intutive eating so I am only allowing me to eat when I am truly hungry and if I am not hungry I drink water.