Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Raynn's Journey to a Healthier Life
05-29-2013, 10:08 AM
RE: Raynn's Journey to a Healthier Life
Ugh...
I made the mistake of stepping on the scale this week and I was SHOCKED to say the least to see another 4 pound gain. Sigh. So that makes it about 8 pounds in 6ish weeks, eating at 2900.. I havent weighed this much since before I started running last JanSad Im only 5ish pounds away from where I was after giving birth to my second child. This is not the direction I need to be going in...

My first reaction is that I am obviously over TDEE. But I am trying to remind myself that with an 8 pound gain, I do not have tighter pants, my rings still fit, nothing is tight on me. So thats a good sign at least.. I dont like the "gain" at all. It is bothering me, BUT so far I have been able to just let it go, remind myself of the above and hopefully plug along. I will recheck in a few weeks when Im on rest to get a better idea of where the number is. For now, I need to put the scale away and keep going. The unfortunate thing is now I have it in the back of my head that eating at 2900 is the reason for my gains and if I drop the cals, then the scale will drop. (Yeah, hard mentality to get out of). But in all honesty, the last few weeks I have been struggling to consistently hit my 2900. So I cant even blame the higher cals at this point.. Which in itself is another puzzling question and making me wonder why the scale jumped so much..

Anyways, Im not freaking out as badly as I would have done had this been a month ago.. Im "upset" about it, but its not going to ruin me this time. Least I hope to make sure it wont ruin me.happy

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2013, 05:08 PM
^^^ SOOO in this place right now. Wish I could tell you something encouraging, but I still haven't gotten out of the rut.

If all else fails, we're in this together! lovestruck
06-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Hi Raynn I am new to the forum and havent really started posting, mostly reading journals etc but I read through your cutting and waiting journal and then this one. I am glad to see you are seeing some body changes, that has to be encouraging. I just wanted to mention this book called mastering leptin by byron richards. Basically starvation diets cause insulin and leptin resistance which makes weight loss difficult anyway he encourages timing meals with 5-6 hours between each because it actually helps reverse leptin resistance and in turn insulin resistance. anyway I have pcos and so I have struggled with the insulin and leptin thing and weight loss seeming more difficult than necessary. doing this spacing with meals has really helped stabilize my weight and help me see losses. One other thing I thought to mention was that I did a plan similar to em2wl a few years ago with a conditioning (reset) phase and a cutting phase. Everyone had really good success and I think something that made it work really well was calorie cycling. We started at a tdee -15% but it was an average over a week so example 2300, 2500, 2700, 2900, 2300, 2500, 2900. This really seemed to shock the body into dropping fat while keeping the metabolism up with the higher days. Anyway i thought I'd mention that in case it could assist you in progressing with your goals. It worked really well for me at the time I did it and pretty much everyone else that was posting on the site. best of luck to you and thank you for sharing your journey!

Cal
06-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Raynn - stay strong girl. Clearly that scale is a liar when you're clothes are not getting tighter, your rings still fit, etc...I can really relate to the "ugh" feeling though when it comes to weight. I really do get it! I wonder if you are just retaining a ton of water with the difficult slow and heavy lifting you are doing - it seems like a reasonable guess anyways.

Thanks for being so open and honest with your struggles. It really encourages me. As much as we want EM2WL to be a "fix" for our extra fluff, it's not. It's a journey. As long as we keep going in the right direction we WILL get there.

Crystal
06-08-2013, 07:51 PM
^^ lovestruck THIS. So true. It's a journey, not a fix. Love it!
06-23-2013, 12:33 AM
Slow and Heavy Series is over. Rest week is done and back at 'er with Gym Styles next.
Scale is up 10 pounds in the last 8 weeks. I do have some inches gained in the natural waist, hips and thighs. Hoping beyond hope that it is just fake gains from the time it takes TOM to leave... however TOM left 6 days ago.. so who knows.

Im hoping the next morning time I can get to the gym Ill do the Tanita to see what it shows for fat loss/muscle gains, however my little handheld omoron thingy has barely changed a single digit (I swear that thing has to be total crap..)

Eating is supposed to be at 2900, but I am struggling immensely with hitting that. I could seem to hit 2700 without issue and rather cleanly at that, but 2900 seems to be my undoing.. Carb intake is well over what it should be and I feel like all I do is eat, which makes me even more pissed. I have no idea how the hell I can do a TDEE break, when I cant even hit Cut..
Sigh.

Surprisingly Im not as pissed over the scale or lack of changes happening. A few months ago, I probably would have crumbled to pieces, and likely would have ran back to WW with a ten pound gain. It is still in the back of my head, but I try not to listen.

Im just at a loss... weights are going well... getting some HIIT back into my days since I cant run for the time being (shin splints), eating as best I can to get the cals in, but definitely not succeeding as well as I had hoped for there.. but the huge jump in scale in a short period of time, and the now gain in inches is making me concerned.

Not really sure what to do from here..

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
07-16-2013, 11:11 AM
I took a step back a little over two weeks ago and decided I need a big break. So I stopped tracking, stopped wearing my BMF or Fitbit and just decided to let things go. Along with some other stresses in my life that were constantly bothering me, I let those go too. I am feeling much more at peace right now, not so angry over the process, not so upset over what things are saying. I threw my scale out, which was a huge thing for me. I felt much more at ease once that happened and able to just focus on me.
Sure I still have moments where I am curious as to what the scale says, but Im working on letting it go and just go forward and workout strong, eat what I should be and concentrate on being happier.
The tracking break has been really nice. But I am pretty sure I am not eating near the 3k levels I should be at. Im working on adding in more low density foods and keep things clean and still working up to 3k+, but its definitely a challenge. I am trying not to stress over it since I know that was also a huge part of why I was struggling - trying so hard to hit the numbers and freaking out constantly when I didnt.

So for now I am just working on the muscle building and hoping along the way some fat will vanish. Hopefully the lack of stresses will help bring my cortisol levels down and things will be shown. But for now, I don't care... or trying not to care at leasthappy

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
07-16-2013, 11:06 PM
Oh shoot I wrote this long message and it didn't save.

Long and short is that I'm proud of you. The mental journey is so much worse than the physical. You are walking down the path of healing by removing stressors in your life. I truly believe this key is your key to becoming the YOU, you want to see in the mirror.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
07-17-2013, 03:08 PM
HeartHeart

big hugbig hug

lovestrucklovestrucklovestruck

applause applause applause

I could not be more proud of you Kelly. You have no idea of the good that you are doing for your entire journey at this moment.

I know how hard it's been for you to let those stressors go, so I applaud you for your (ever increasing!) strength. applause applause

lovestrucklovestruck

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fueling Life Jules 55 1,547 Today 01:56 AM
Last Post: West
  Joy In The Journey Sunshine44 45 1,490 Yesterday 08:13 PM
Last Post: FionaSchipke
  Improving my quality of life... zanyzana66 86 8,204 04-07-2017 08:21 AM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step -- Lao Tzu hannah77 279 26,036 03-23-2017 10:46 AM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  A well nourished journey jsue6 16 1,755 03-14-2017 02:59 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  kathy's journey kathy 8 1,325 08-26-2016 09:24 PM
Last Post: KatiAuchinleck
  Liane's new journey forward mrsukyankee 489 170,339 06-21-2016 08:38 AM
Wink The Start of My New Journey Candi 141 15,101 05-23-2016 06:55 AM
Last Post: Candi
  Rebekah's EM2WL Journey Rebekah 15 2,574 04-06-2016 08:31 AM
Last Post: emma
Information LIFE... is my style! Let's do this!!! Saggy76 47 4,939 03-29-2016 10:16 AM