Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I am new, my name is Joycelyn and I am praying to God this is going to work for me!!
06-07-2013, 11:33 AM
I am new, my name is Joycelyn and I am praying to God this is going to work for me!!
PLEASE HELP AND TELL ME IF I CALCULATED CORRECT!!!!

I NEED TO GET THIS RIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL TO BURN OFF THIS FAT!!!

Words cannot explain how i am feeling since finding this group while i was searching the internet. I have been reading so much information for 4 days straight. I have been on a roller coaster ride with my weight loss journey for a very long time now and i am really getting tired and frustrated at not seeing the results i want but somehow i told myself i cannot quit despite nothing was happening for me. I think that i have really messed up my body after reading all this info i have found on EM2WL an realise that my body was in STARVATION MODE like everyone else for too long as i was working out hard and my calories were really really low causing me to lose weight yes but i am a SKINNY FAT person who is very very soft as i have lost muscle as well and now i have to work hard as i weight train.

I am 42 years old female
5ft 6in
163 pounds at present

I calculated
BMR 1425
TDEE using moderate1.550 =2209
15% cut = 1878

How much do i eat.

My workout looks like this

Cardio for 30-40 mins on treadmill

Monday - Legs/Cardio
Tuesday- Back/triceps/Abs/Cardio
Wed- Walk outdoors for 30mins
Thursday-Shoulders/Biceps/Cardio
Fridays- Chest/legs/Abs/Cardio
Sat and Sun - Rest days

I would burn about 400 or 500 calories alone for cardio dont know how much i am burning when i do weights but i lift heavy

i try to eat clean every 2-3hrs
breakfast - eggwhites, ground flaxseed, oats
snack - apple, 15 almonds, 1tbs natural peanut butter
lunch - sweet potato, 1 cup broccoli, talapia
snack - 15 almonds, 1 apple, chicken breast
dinner - salad, 1 cup broccoli, talapia

Please give your input, thanks!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2013, 02:54 PM
RE: I am new...
Hi! Welcome to the fam!!

I'm not sure how long your lift sessions last? Are you doing cardio every day?

If you're doing cardio and weights daily, you may need to bump it to strenuous. wink You are putting in work, girl. you gotta fuel those muscles big grin

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2013, 02:58 PM
RE: I am new, my name is Joycelyn and I am praying to God this is going to work
(06-07-2013 11:33 AM)joyful Wrote:  PLEASE HELP AND TELL ME IF I CALCULATED CORRECT!!!!

Words cannot explain how i am feeling since finding this group while i was searching the internet. I have been reading so much information for 4 days straight. I have been on a roller coaster ride with my weight loss journey for a very long time now and i am really getting tired and frustrated at not seeing the results i want but somehow i told myself i cannot quit despite nothing was happening for me. I think that i have really messed up my body after reading all this info i have found on EM2WL an realise that my body was in STARVATION MODE like everyone else for too long as i was working out hard and my calories were really really low causing me to lose weight yes but i am a SKINNY FAT person who is very very soft as i have lost muscle as well and now i have to work hard as i weight train.

I am 42 years old female
5ft 6in
163 pounds at present

I calculated
BMR 1425
15% cut = 1878

How much do i eat.

Monday - Legs/Cardio
Sat and Sun - Rest days

I would burn about 400 or 500 calories alone for cardio dont know how much i am burning when i do weights but i lift heavy

Hi there,

I am so sorry we missed your post. We try hard not to leave any posts unanswered.

My suggest would be to maybe lift 3 days for an hour and on two days do two HIIT sessions. Since you have been eating low calories for a long time, consider eating your TDEE for 8-12wks to reset your metabolism. If that number seems too daunting, start with a smaller cut of maybe 10% so you are eating 2000 calories daily. Eat the cut for 4wks and then eat TDEE for a week, then back to cut.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
06-10-2013, 04:29 PM
(06-10-2013 02:54 PM)Kiki Wrote:  Hi! Welcome to the fam!!

If you're doing cardio and weights daily, you may need to bump it to strenuous. wink You are putting in work, girl. you gotta fuel those muscles big grin

THANK YOU for replying to me!!!

Yes i do Cardio everyday for about 30-40mins when in the gym and lift weights for about 1hr when doing two body parts, I am getting stronger so i try to challenge myself and up the weights each set as opposed to lift light weights and dont feel anything. I am probably going to make some changes re my cardio after finding EM2WL, i am still trying to understand this BMR/TDEE as i start to eat more and make the necessary changes, yes it is very scary eating so much more but after reading success stories i think my nutrition was my road block.
06-10-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: I am new, my name is Joycelyn and I am praying to God this is going to work
(06-10-2013 02:58 PM)Lucia Wrote:  
(06-07-2013 11:33 AM)joyful Wrote:  PLEASE HELP AND TELL ME IF I CALCULATED CORRECT!!!!

I am 42 years old female
5ft 6in
163 pounds at present

I calculated
BMR 1425
15% cut = 1878

How much do i eat.

Monday - Legs/Cardio
Sat and Sun - Rest days

Hi there,

I am so sorry we missed your post. We try hard not to leave any posts unanswered.

My suggest would be to maybe lift 3 days for an hour and on two days do two HIIT sessions. Since you have been eating low calories for a long time, consider eating your TDEE for 8-12wks to reset your metabolism. If that number seems too daunting, start with a smaller cut of maybe 10% so you are eating 2000 calories daily. Eat the cut for 4wks and then eat TDEE for a week, then back to cut.

THANKS FOR REPLYING I just needed some feedback after doing things wrong for so long and i was feeling depressed!!!

I started about 3wks ago eating a bit more and today i started to eat at my cut 1938, yes i am feeling really full but i am eating nutrient dense foods so i should be okay, i have legs this evening so i need to fuel up. I will take your advice and see how things go. I will keep fighting until i get this thing right.
06-10-2013, 08:53 PM
(06-10-2013 04:29 PM)joyful Wrote:  

Yes i do Cardio everyday for about 30-40mins when in the gym and lift weights for about 1hr when doing two body parts, I am getting stronger so i try to challenge myself and up the weights each set as opposed to lift light weights and dont feel anything. I am probably going to make some changes re my cardio after finding EM2WL, i am still trying to understand this BMR/TDEE as i start to eat more and make the necessary changes, yes it is very scary eating so much more but after reading success stories i think my nutrition was my road block.

Yeah, if you're working out for 1.5 hours each day, then you would be considered "strenuous" which requires more cals. happy I'd def consider what Lucia suggested, and cutting back on cardio burns a bit, especially if you feel that the cals required for "strenuous" is too much for you.

Just focus on becoming a more active person in general. Put all your energy into your lifts, and a couple days of HIIT or cardio, and focus the rest of the time on simply moving more throughout the day. Sometimes we go hard in the gym, but live sedentary lives otherwise, but instead we should seek balance. Allow your everyday activities to get you moving more, not simply to burn cals, but just to be a more productive person, overall. All these things combined will pull together a more complete package, and have decades of benefit wink

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-11-2013, 09:40 AM
(06-10-2013 08:53 PM)Kiki Wrote:  
(06-10-2013 04:29 PM)joyful Wrote:  

Yeah, if you're working out for 1.5 hours each day, then you would be considered "strenuous" which requires more cals. happy I'd def consider what Lucia suggested, and cutting back on cardio burns a bit, especially if you feel that the cals required for "strenuous" is too much for you.

Just focus on becoming a more active person in general. Put all your energy into your lifts, and a couple days of HIIT or cardio, and focus the rest of the time on simply moving more throughout the day. Sometimes we go hard in the gym, but live sedentary lives otherwise, but instead we should seek balance. Allow your everyday activities to get you moving more, not simply to burn cals, but just to be a more productive person, overall. All these things combined will pull together a more complete package, and have decades of benefit wink

Thanks, i will make the necessary changes and see what happens as i continue to be patient, although it can be very frustrating at times.