Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Favorite side dish (oven roasted veggies)
06-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Favorite side dish (oven roasted veggies)
One of my favorite side dishes is a roasted veggie recipe i found a few months ago.

Oven roasted brussels sprouts,red onion, and squash

http://www.aspicyperspective.com/2012/11...ables.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2013, 12:05 PM
RE: Favorite side dish (oven roasted veggies)
Love all oven roasted vegetables! A really great yet simple one is asparagus with a few sliced lemons over/under and a bit of drizzled olive oil or coconut oil. Quick, easy, tasty!
11-22-2013, 11:35 AM
I just decided I am making this for a Thanksgiving side dish - perfect! Thank you!!
11-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Sounds yum! Roasting is one of the best ways to make veggies. You can experiment with oils, too. My favorite roasted veggie (besides asparagus with olive oil) is sweet potatoes cut in chunks, tossed in melted duck fat, salt and pepper and cinnamon. You can get rendered duck fat in a little tub at Whole Foods. It's expensive, but keeps a long time in the fridge, and a tiny bit goes a long way. Best sweet potatoes ever. And brussels sprouts are great done in bacon fat and some balsamic vinegar. Keep the bacon crumbles to toss in at the end.
02-26-2015, 04:19 PM
Love oven roasted veggies and I'm definitely adding this to our list. They are a great way to mix up preparing vegetables, especially if all you ever do is steam them.

This is my favorite recipes...I just wish my local store would carry brussels sprouts more often!

http://www.keviniscooking.com/roasted-br...gar-honey/
02-27-2015, 04:51 AM
I like making roast veg in soy sauce & a bit of honey then adding them to quinoa. Gorgeous and gives you extra protein!