Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to the eat more forums and need advise
07-04-2013, 02:17 PM
New to the eat more forums and need advise
ok so I joined Myfitnesspal a while back and I have lost 60+ lbs and am pretty close to goal.

I am 34 years old, 5'2" at about 135-136lbs and I am trying to just get fit not skinny and would like to be a muscular 120-125lbs

ok so first here is a 2 year breakdown of my results from my health bus at work.

my 2 year changes
weight difference:183 to 135lbs
body fat: 38% to 27%
waist size: 43 to 31 inches
BMI: 33.47 to 24.69

I have gone from many different ranges of calories.
my job is a desk job in a warehouse but I am often up doing receiving in the warehouse moving around alot. winter months I sit at work most of the day and summer months I am always moving around or running around just super busy.

I workout 6 days a week
3 days I do 10 min cardio warmup followed by full body heavy lifting (I like to lift as heavy as I can) usually 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps depending on the weights and I do almost all free weights not many machines, then I follow this with a 10 min cardio cooldown 3 days a week usually tue,thur,sat

on mon,wed,sun cardio and abs which goes like this
20 mins cardio then abs then 20 more mins cardio I change what I do thruout my cardio workout so may do elliptical for 10 mins then track for 10 mins then abs and the last 20 mins I pick two different things to do 10 mins each or else I get bored.

friday is off day

I workout with my husband

My BMR is 1378.2
My TDEE is 2367 heavy activity
2127 moderate activity
1887 light acitivity

I have just started back to counting my calories using MFP after a couple of month of no counting and was back and forth with a gain,loss or maintained.

no I am counting and set myself to 1900 cals without eating anymore then 1900 unless I am starving.

I have an issue with late night snacking that I am trying to stop (slowly woring on ways to change this)

ok My question is with all my info I provided is 1900 cals enough or do I need more or less?

I want to start losing again but I think I need to try this reset first and the eat more 2 weight less has opened my eyes to trying it even if I gain in the beginning which I am ok with.

what amount do you think I should eat at?

Thanks for your help on this!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2013, 09:04 AM
RE: New to the eat more forums and need advise
Ok my other question is should I set my TDEE to sedatary and then eat back cals? I got on the scale today and I'm up to 138lbs my lightest during this 2 yeR journey was 132 but ice stayed around 135ish now I'm 138 and feeling puffy. I know its probley cause I've been eating more cals for a while now and my body is trying to reset but I don't wanna see 140 ever again and I'm getting close.

Can some one point me in the right direction on my cals to continue losing with my above info

Thanks!!!
07-05-2013, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 07:39 PM by Kiki.)
Hey, with your level of activity, I'd say that you are pretty heavily active, so the 2300 number sounds about right.

If you are doing a reset, then you would eat that amount (full TDEE) for 8 weeks or more. If you are going straight to your cut cals, then you would only reduce by 15% or around 2000 cals in your case.

When doing a reset, you have to allow your body to go through the natural process. Most of what you will deal with is simply water weight and as long as you remain calm it will only be very temporary. wink

some thread posts that may be helpful happy :
http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com/show...40#pid5040
http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com/show...33#pid5033

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Ty very much I will give it a go and see how it works

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hello, hello! (And question about forums) BlueJays44 3 4,349 11-21-2015 08:28 AM
Last Post: AnitraSoto
  New here some advise please? Taratammy 2 4,850 06-06-2014 06:14 AM
Last Post: jaeone