Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What at-home program next??
07-12-2013, 07:37 AM
What at-home program next??
Good morning lovely ladies!!

I have been doing Chalean Extreme for the past 90 days(if not longer). I LOVE LOVE LOVE it, but think it's time to change it up so my body doesn't become accustomed to it.

What, in your opinion, are some good at-home muscle building, fat burning DVD programs? I was looking into Les Mills Pump, but it only comes with 5 & 10lb plates. I suppose I could add different plates to the barbell or just use my Select Techs instead.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks all,
Heather
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2013, 08:18 AM
RE: What at-home program next??
Hey Heather,

Not sure if you can swing the $$ for STS, but it's hands down the best at-home program out there for muscle building, because it's already periodized and set up to your one rep max, which makes it personalized to you. It was recently 40% off, but idk how much it is now.

If you're planning to go with a Beachbody program (seems to be your preference?), I'd choose BODY BEAST wink

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2014, 03:09 PM
(07-12-2013 08:18 AM)Kiki Wrote:  Hey Heather,

Not sure if you can swing the $$ for STS, but it's hands down the best at-home program out there for muscle building, because it's already periodized and set up to your one rep max, which makes it personalized to you. It was recently 40% off, but idk how much it is now.

If you're planning to go with a Beachbody program (seems to be your preference?), I'd choose BODY BEAST wink

I plan to get Body Beast. It's on a significant sale right now. I'd have to buy some more equipment in order to complete the program though.

rose Train Like A Beast. Look Like A Beauty rose
Instagram - FitWithDiva
MFP Profile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-13-2014, 12:10 PM
When I do body pump at the gym I usually use 10's and change it up for certain tracks..usually adding 5's or another set of 10's on so you may be ok with just the 10's and 5's. Have you ever taken a pump class before? It's not your average lifting class, and I assume the at home program is like it. It's muscle endurance so it's low weight high rep which is why they don't supply bigger weights. If you feel like you can handle more weight, I'm sure you can get extra plates to add on.
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good Stretching Program MaryJo 1 2,838 06-26-2016 09:02 AM
Last Post: Tereza Toledo
  Home Gym ! petstorekitty 1 2,504 01-04-2016 05:52 PM
Last Post: AnitraSoto
  Nia Shanks - Which program MaryJo 4 5,416 01-11-2015 04:28 PM
Last Post: MaryJo
  home gym oonga 9 14,632 09-24-2013 03:56 PM
Last Post: btatch