Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cut feels like a bulk
08-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Rainbow Cut feels like a bulk
Ok...!!!... I've been "cutting" since April, but I swear this is feeling like a bulk. Essentially no weight loss since reset, only @ 1-2lbs. Took some rough measurements today and waist is bigger, thigh is bigger, couldn't measure anymore, my heart couldn't take it. BF % on WW scale 30%. I'm eating at 15% deficit, according to scooby's calculator. Currently tweaking since the beginning of August- no alcohol, HIIT twice/ week, trying to keep protein high and carbs <200ish. I begin stage 3 of nrol4w on Sunday. I don't want to make a bunch of changes at the same time but to have gone so many months without any changes is frustrating to say the least. Something is wrong...I just don't know what it is. I was going to reassess in 8 weeks but will do it in 6 instead.

I think I may need to decrease my calories d'oh

Anyone with a similar experience?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2013, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2013 09:51 AM by Kiki.)
RE: Cut feels like a bulk
Hey girl!

Try not to stress about it. It's actually a very common experience. When peeps ask me what to expect, I usually tell them to expect scale wars (as in, it going up!)
http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com/show...hp?tid=477

That includes the bf% on the scale. I also have the WW scale, (mine has me at 30% as well) it's typically a consistent 10% off from my calipers.

The cut may actually be too steep, and your body not ready for it yet. (remember, we don't typically decrease during plateaus - it starts the slippery slope wink )

How long was your reset?

Have you taken a rest week/diet break lately?

Other threads that may give you some troubleshooting advice:

In this one, Regina was struggling forever, and we discovered it to simply be a measuring error - great read though wink
http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com/show...hp?tid=237

And Heidi, is known for going through loooonnng plateaus before seeing a "whoosh"...we don't say trust the process for nothing, lol.
http://eatmore2weighless.com/heidi-12-week-plateau/ - a 12 week plateau that she wrote about in January
http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com/show...hp?tid=434 - then another one in March

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-19-2013, 02:19 AM
I did a reset for @8 weeks, it was around the time my weight pretty much leveled out. I gained @ 6lbs. I took an exercise break in the last week of May, 1.5 wk in July, and an unplanned one last week. Haven't had a full TDEE week, just a couple days here and there.

I'm trying not to stress but you can appreciate my frustration I'm sure. I plan to stay the course but some days it feels so difficult...

Imagine my success ramble...whenever it comes.
08-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Yes. Your success story will be inspiring. wink So many people face the plateau, but if no one hears about it, they assume that what they're experiencing is "wrong" somehow.

If you haven't taken a full TDEE week since starting cut, then do so. Don't get caught in the trap of "I can't break until I'm losing regularly" - most of us get that way sometimes. But the point of the break doesn't change based on whether or not your losing. The point is for your metabolism not to lower to the deficit level. That can happen whether you're seeing a linear change on the scale or not. You may be losing fat/inches, but then refuse to break and start heading backwards again.

Besides the fact that whenever you're contemplating whether or not to lower cals further, protocol would be to increase them first to boost metabolism w/the spike, then lower them again. Even if you ultimately go lower than you previously were, the break is needed before doing so.

If you're into numbers, you may want to try the spreadsheet created by MFP member heybales? Those that are *really* into the math, and can't take not having *exact* calculations, seem to have success with nailing down their numbers using it. Info on how it works and the spreadsheed download are here:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/...-hrm-zones

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

08-20-2013, 04:21 AM
I saw someone mention heybales's chart...gurl that thing made me dizzy!!...stress-inducing to say the least...thx but no thx.

I think I will do a TDEE break...starting September 1st.

Thx for your continued help and patience. You guys have been a blessing and I do appreciate it. While I haven't seen the changes I've anticipated, there has been plenty other changes that I'm proud of. I'm smarter, stronger, I look forward to lifting and increasing my overall fitness ability. Couldn't have done it without you ;0)
08-20-2013, 05:21 PM
Hahaha!!!!

Girl, that's common, lol. Most people fall into one of two camps. Love it or leave it, lol.

I try not to take my journey that seriously (any more) lol, so I'm with you wink

The break sounds like win. Remember to take it REGARDLESS of if there are changes between now and then, though. Remember, if the break is needed, then putting it off won't make things move any faster wink

I'd def recommend doing it sooner rather than later. happy

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary