Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FitBit Calculations Gone Wonky?
09-09-2013, 06:47 PM
FitBit Calculations Gone Wonky?
Anyone else have their fitbit calcs go all crazy yesterday and today?

I added my strength training calories to the site yesterday, and didn't make my 10,000 steps and it's telling me that I burned over 3,500 calories. Normally I am sitting at about 2,400-2,600.

Today I have only logged about 8,000 steps, no additional workout and it says that I have burned over 3,000 calories.

Whaaat??!!

Not sure what is going on the with the dumb thing!!

Rhoda
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2013, 01:46 PM
RE: FitBit Calculations Gone Wonky?
I spent some time reading...and a few other people had issues.
One suggestion was to take the battery out for about 10-15 seconds and wait for it to reset.

I did that...and then synced it, but it was still a wonky day.

I emailed customer service. They told me to take the battery out. I explained that I had, and they asked me to sync it again, and then let them know what it was doing.

It worked fine on day 3. Who knows. It must have just needed to burb.

I'm not sure it was my fitbit though...I think it might have been the dashboard. I manually added up my calories on the activity display, and it was normal. It was the little tracker display that gets all happy when you meet a goal that was wrong. And it was reporting wrong to My Fitness Pal.

I also unlinked my accounts and then relinked them.
09-12-2013, 10:13 PM
Hey Rhoda,

So is it all good now??

I don't have a fitbit, I wish I could help!

I've heard that their customer service is great though. I sure hope you figure it out.

If you discover anything else, can you post your solutions for others that may be having the same issue? wink (unless the unlinking was the key?)

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
09-13-2013, 02:03 PM
It's better now. Not sure what it's problem was.

I undid the battery...that was what customer support recommended.

And unlinked.

It started working, and I'm not sure which part fixed it. I guess if it does it again...I'll just do the same again happy
12-10-2013, 11:58 PM
That FitBit ended up dying. It just wasn't tracking and the battery kept saying it was dead even though it had only been 3 weeks since I had changed it.

I emailed customer service and they had a new FitBit in the mail within a day. Great customer service and I was back to tracking in less than 5 days happy I felt a little lost, like I was forgetting something, when I didn't have it on. Funny that something that you don't even notice during the day is so profound big grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What's more accurate? Fitbit Charge or EM2WL Calculator? melissaseaside 1 3,239 09-23-2015 08:01 PM
Last Post: AnitraSoto
  New Fitbit user and calories burned MUCH less than anticipated! ajmccracken11 6 23,018 05-25-2013 11:20 AM
Last Post: momofboys