Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Race to the Color Run
07-14-2012, 04:16 PM
The Race to the Color Run
On August 25th, I will be taking part in my first 5k ever. The Color Run will be coming to NYC, and my fiance and I are ready for this new challenge.

With my metabolism reset almost done, I will be starting my cut, and starting to train my body to destroy the color run.

While the color run is a little over a month away, my training won't stop after the color run is over! I will continue training long after to ensure my body gets the respect it deserves! I am hoping that I'll be able to keep track of my accomplishments, struggles, and everything in between here. happy

Heart Heather
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2012, 11:55 AM
RE: The Race to the Color Run
Can't wait to hear more about your journey, Heather!

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Tomorrow is my last day befor the cut. I am excited, yet nervous. I have enjoyed eating so much.

My exercise schedule is now as follows:
Monday: strength training and 5k training
Tuesday: Vinyasa yoga
Wednesday: circuit training and swimming
Thursday: vinyasa yoga
Friday: strength training and 5k training
Saturday: REST
Sunday: 5k training

I will be putting in some long walks as well. I took up yoga to help withmy emotional eating and developing insomnia.

It will be hard to keep this up. As a new professor (part time) I now need to work on what my course will look like in the fall. Also, I am on the hunt for a full time elementary teaching job. My stress has built with the lack of finding a job. I have started developing sleep insomnia. My body is physically tired, but my mind races. I had to break for two days because my body shut down due to the lack of sleep. I am hoping the yoga will help.

I will let everyone know how my 5k time is doing soon. I will also keep everyone updated on my cut transition.

I know I gained weight, but I am feeling ok about it. I know it will come off eventually. I am ready.
07-22-2012, 01:19 AM
Good luck on both entering cut and training for your 5k. Those color runs look really fun. I'd love to do one sometime. I did my first 5k in June and it was an amazing experience. I can't wait to hear about your race!

Crystal
07-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Thanks so much. It's been a struggle, but I'm ready to take my life back completely.

I am looking forward to my first 5k. I really want to eventually do a spartan run, run for your lives 5k, and various other 5ks for charities.

Since my cut begins tomorrow, I decided to weigh in today (since tomorrow won't make much of a difference)

BEFORE RESET:
Weight: 133 lb
Body fat: 14.7%
Wrist: 5.5 inches
Waist: 27 inches
Hip: 32.5 inches
Forearm: 7.8 inches
Thigh: 20.5 inches
Calf: 14.5 inches

AFTER RESET:
Weight: 141 lb (gain of 8lb)
Body Fat%: 15.1% (gain of .4%)
Wrist: 5.5 inches (no change)
Waist: 29 inches (gain of 2 inches)
Hip: 33 inches (gain of 1 inch)
Forearm: 8 inches (gain of .3 inches)
Thigh: 22 inches (gain of 1.5 inches)
Calf: 15 inches (gain of .5 inches)

TOTAL GAIN:
8 lb
5.3 inches
.4 % body fat

Not too bad.

NOW. For my stats for the next 2 - 3 weeks. I will eventually go to 15% cut if things go well, but for now, sticking at 10%

1994 calories a day, which I may round up to 2000 solid. We will see.

Starting my new schedule this week. Been too exhausted/ sick to really move this week. I want to be rested though. I am ready to do this.
07-24-2012, 08:59 PM
My cut is going great. Day two WITH TOM rearing his ugly head. No complaints.

Monday I did 5k training at the gym. I am trying to do one day of endurance (which I do with Intervals), and another day for speed.

Strength training went well on Monday too. It was my first time being in a gym with others watching. I was so nervous, but honestly, people left me alone. I even got one comment from a guy I was in class with while I was still I student. He said he thought it was awesome I was lifting. He said I had great form too. happy

Today was yoga. I am glad I found this studio. It will be great for my "recovery" days.

In a month or two, I will be buying my first Cathe DVD. I want to get into this new flow/ give myself the chance to possibly get into a different flow if I do get a job by September....

Things are good though, and for that I am happy. happy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Finished reset and started cut - slow and steady wins the race? caseyj6206 15 13,922 06-12-2015 11:40 AM
Last Post: Nadoriel