Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
struggling
07-15-2012, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2012 11:02 AM by mariababe81.)
struggling
Im not sure if i should have done the full reset or whether im using too high/low a cut? I'd been on maintainance from april last year until february this year (staying 122-125). I usually ate between 1600-1800 calories. Something personal happened in april and i put on 11lbs as a result and im trying to lose that weight.

So i tried 1200 for a two weeks and my body wasn't happy and then I upped my calories to 1630 (+300 exercise) so was eating approx 1900+ which is my 20% cut according to scooby/fat to fit. However also started insanity during that time. Its all changed over the past 3 weeks as ive had an ear infection and been unable to exercise so been trying to keep to 1600ish. I feel bloated and the scale is stuck at 136lbs and has been since may!

What am i doing wrong?

my stats:
height 5' 2.5"
weight 136lbs
my job is active, as im walking and climbing stairs for a good part of it and i workout about 5-6 days a week. except for the past week.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2012, 11:35 AM
RE: struggling
Have you incorporated any strength training, or are you only doing cardio?

1900 does seem a bit high for your height & cutting, but I see that you are pretty active. We have similar stats, and although I *do* cut at around 1900, that is only like 7-8% deficit for me (I don't do much cardio ~2-3x's/wk max). 20% would be more like 1600-1700ish w/o eating back cals. The number that you got from scooby included your workout cals, so you should not be eating them back if you're using that #

On a side note, I wouldn't recommend 20%, but more like 10-15%.

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-15-2012, 02:40 PM
thanks for replying kiki. I used to do strength training but mostly via dvds, or using bodyrock for some HIIT/ bodyweight exercises. Cant access the gym so do most at home.
TBH as i was doing insanity i hadnt done anything else as it involves a lot of bodyweight stuff, plus i've got some really strong back muscles from that!

I get what you are saying about my cut, when i plugged my numbers into scooby- it asked me to eat 1913 calories per day as i working out for approx 6hrs/week. hence why i stuck to mfps setting of 0.5lbs/week which gave me 1630+ if i added exercise which came to approx 300 cals for an insanity workout it came to about 1930.

If i were to use a moderate setting and 15% cut it gives me 1832. Maybe i'll try that and see what happens.
Find all posts by this user
07-15-2012, 07:40 PM
I work out exclusively from home, too, so I get what you mean about no gym access.

I def wouldn't completely cut out the weights from your routine. You don't want all the cardio to start eating through those muscles. Plus doing all cardio tends to lean toward a "softer" look. (unless that's what you're after)

I wouldn't drop the cals just yet, as you've been sick, and things tend to go backwards when you're sick anyway (I always gain during sickness, even though I'm eating less). I'd reevaluate after you've been well and eating a consistent cal intake for a while. Just focus on healing, right now.

In the meantime, we just published an article on bloating, that may help with that?
http://eatmore2weighless.com/how-to-deal...ism-reset/

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Struggling with macros JsuaMils 1 3,098 09-23-2013 10:16 PM
Last Post: Lucia