Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How many Steps do YOU log with your fitbit?
07-19-2012, 09:45 AM
RE: How many Steps do YOU log with your fitbit?
(07-19-2012 08:04 AM)ANewCreation Wrote:  
(07-18-2012 12:10 PM)Busy Wrote:  Well a few weeks ago I was between 10,000 & 15,000 per day. THEN..... I herniated a disc in my back so have been very restricted about what I can do. Swimming is approved & now small walks but on inclines so I have been lucky to break 5,000 since.

I did walk close to a mile this morning. Hoping to be back over 10K in the next 3 to 4 weeks (pending Dr approval)

Herniated disc! Youch! Take it easy or it will take longer. Hope you feel better soon.

Yep, I second that, hope everything heals up soon!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2012, 10:01 AM
logged over 10,000 yesterday for the first time, yay!
Helped out a friend, worked, went to the county fair.
Mustve sweated out at least 3 lbs as it was like 95 here yesterday
and at the fair. Blech! cant wait for the cooler weather to take hold.

Cheers!
Lisa
07-29-2012, 12:29 PM
I am usually around 9-10 000. Depends really on the day. I am aiming for 10 daily.
08-01-2012, 08:22 AM
This is a bit OT, but where to you all log your exercise in relation to your fitbit use? Do you log on Fitbit.com or mfp? Or do you not at all? Thanks!

Design Dedication - my hobby happy
Home Creations Candle Co - my second hobby happy
09-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Now that school has started I am logging about 9,000-11,000 a day. During the summer I was hitting between 5,000-7,500 steps. Days that I just wanted to read, I was lucky to get over 3,000 big grin

I log my strength training, motorcycle riding, and Yoga into Fitbit.com. Everything else, I just let the steps take care of it. I get my calories for the other activities from my heart rate monitor, and usually subtract about 90 for each hour to account for "living" burn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-06-2013, 10:06 AM
I know most of this thread is old, but I just took an average of my last 25 days and I got 9853 steps. My low activity days are around 6500 butthen I have some 16000+ days on the weekends. Of course I use the elliptical for my warmup, HIIT (not that often), and if I just feel like doing some cardio, and I know it doesn't catch all of my steps for that. My machine counts my strides and one day I did over 2000 on it and only got credit for around 1000. I've also paced around upstairs before bed when I've been close to my goal and counted my steps and it usually underestimates me then too. (I have the Flex) Regardless, I've been considering myself in the "Moderately Active" category, and according to this, that's about right.
09-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Interesting that the count varies like that.
I have the "One" and just clip it to my bra, inside my pants pocket, and sometimes right on my shirt. I haven't really counted my steps to see how "off" mine is...I know my distance was off an I calibrated my steps for that.
Any estimate or motivation to get more steps in for me is better than just guestimating happy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2014, 09:14 PM
Glad I found this thread!! I received the fitbit force for Christmas and it has me so motivated to move!! Yesterday I had over 17,000 steps and today I had 13,553, so far!! If anyone would like to ad me on there friend list let me know! blushing

Joan
Be yourself. Everyone else is taken! kiss

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/jaeone