Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello
09-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Heart Hello
I have been "yo yo" dieting for as long as I can remember. I've tried almost everything. Except eating more. I've been doing 1200 ever since my doctor told me to go ahead with diet/workouts after I had my youngest. That was a year and a half ago. Of course I wasnt too strict, I stayed within 1200-1400, occasional binging because I was always hungry. I'm starting to be very irritable all the time, feel defeated, unmotivated and I feel I should see more progress than I do with all the working out I do. I want to lose fat. I'm trying to get out of the scale/i need to weigh "this amount" mindset. I want to lose fat and be fit. I'm 28, 5'2 and currently am 147ish. Should I start eating my TDEE for a few weeks, to 'fix' my body. and if so, should i still workout while doing so? or just let my body rest? [I think it would be really hard for me to not work out at all] Should I slowly add calories back? [I am not at 1200 anymore, I have upped my calories twice now] I'm new to this so any advice will be much appreciated! Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2013, 02:16 PM
RE: Hello
Hi.

Welcome! Hope you're ready to change for good wink

If you've done a lot of yo-yo dieting, on top of the past year at 1200-1400, then we'd definitely recommend doing a reset/diet break. Take at least 8 weeks or so to simply eat at TDEE and allow your body to "remember" what maintenance really is. The reset is a time for metabolic and mental healing. Take the time to sift through the articles on the site, meet some new EM2WL friends, and get motivated about what this journey is truly about. Trust me, you'll need your head to back you up throughout this journey. You want to make sure that your weight is completely stable at TDEE before reducing the cals back down to a 15% deficit (however long it takes).

Do not rush the healing process, no matter what you do. It is the most crucial aspect to having a successful cut, and maintenance.
http://eatmore2weighless.com/metabolism-...ch-longer/

The scale issue will continue to haunt you, but you will get there. Probably at a much higher weight than you'd even think. I'm 5'2, and I used to think that I had to weigh 105-115 to be in my "ideal" size, I'm far from that now, and completely thrilled with my progress big grin

Feel free to lift weights during your reset period. Too much cardio (during this healing time) is not recommended, as it can skew your numbers as your endurance increases, and the amount that you burn during workouts decreases. Regular cardio can resume (if desired) after the reset is over.

I hope that answers some of your concerns. The journey can be rough at first, as it goes against everything you've been told...but it's SO worth it. happy dance

You won't regret it wink

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-30-2013, 09:19 PM
Just wanted to say HI and welcome!

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
10-03-2013, 02:04 PM
Hello! I am 48 years old and am dealing with a number of health issues. I started doing the beginner workout last week because I had been working out (mostly cardio) for the last year and a half without much progress at all.
My trainer suggested weight lifting to give me a shove in the right direction.

I had been a skinny kid and a slender, fit young woman until my mother became terminally ill. I stopped working out in order to care for her. After she died, I realized that I had gained almost 100 lbs. in the preceding 2 years. I've never gotten used to being this big and I look forward to becoming fit again along with all of you.

Lisa
10-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Hi Lisa!!

Welcome to the fam, we're so happy you're here happy

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Hi Lisa,

So glad you're here.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue