Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
STS Check-in 2013
09-29-2013, 08:54 AM
RE: STS Check-in 2013
Oh no, Lucia! There is some bug going around here in Fl. We had our turn here at my home already, very annoying. Hope it goes away quickly!

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2013, 08:58 AM
Come on Kelly join us :-)

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
09-29-2013, 01:42 PM
(09-28-2013 11:51 AM)Raynn Wrote:  Hmmm.. Debating doing this again.. My current program has one week left, and then im on hlidays for a few days, so it would be perfect timing again to do STS...
hmmm

Come on girl, you can do this! Should fit in perfectly!
09-29-2013, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2013 04:11 PM by Kiki.)
Getting packed up and back on the road tomorrow! big grin big grin

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy dance happy dance happy dance happy dance

PS...Kelly, you HAVE to join us! You can finally do an entire M1 to the actual vid this time tongue ...for increased torture wink

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-29-2013, 06:46 PM
(09-29-2013 05:32 AM)Rusty Wrote:  Hi ladies,

Getting ready to begin my cut and am looking for a new program to go along with it. What is STS? Is this the Cathe program? Where do I get it from and how much do you buy to begin the new program? I belong to a gym and only have a minimal amount of weights at home (15# highest dumbbells and up to 20# kettle bells). Will I need to invest in more in order to do this? I'd love to be part of a group but not sure if this is right or not. Could someone post a link to the program?

Thanks!
http://www.cathe.com
STS is her Shock Training System
You can find the STS program on Cathe's website.You can get the downloadable versions of it and put it on your phone, ipad, tablet and take it with you to the gym. Thats what I dohappy
Its a great program.. 3 months, 3 different programs and definite strength gains from ithappy

Hmm.... peer pressurehappy
Ill have to see if I can find a bit of time next week to redo a few 1RMs.. Im pretty sure they need to be updatedhappy

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
09-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Hi. I'm new to the forum. I've been familar with the EM2WL program but joined when I found this thread while serarching for info on STS.

I started doing Cathe's step videos this spring and love them. I am thinking about starting to do the the STS system and this challenge seems like a good way to stick to it. I am hoping for some help for those of you familar with the program.

My main concern is that is is too advanced for me. I looked at some of the previews/trailers available on-line and my immediate thought was "Holy Crap surprised ...I can't do that!"...and that was just the 30 push-ups. I had shoulder surgery in February and still lack some endurance in that arm. It seems to me that if I can't keep up from the start I will just end up laying on the floor frustrated and upset. Are there modifications or is this just for those with an existing advanced fitness level?

How many days a week do you have to do the program. I rock-climb and can't lift on those days and probably shouldn't lift the day before (right)?

Also...how heavy dumbells to I need? I have two adjustable ones that go to 30lbs. And how about a barbell?

Thanks. I appreciate any guidance.
09-30-2013, 11:36 AM
(09-29-2013 06:46 PM)Raynn Wrote:  
(09-29-2013 05:32 AM)Rusty Wrote:  Hi ladies,

Getting ready to begin my cut and am looking for a new program to go along with it. What is STS? Is this the Cathe program? Where do I get it from and how much do you buy to begin the new program? I belong to a gym and only have a minimal amount of weights at home (15# highest dumbbells and up to 20# kettle bells). Will I need to invest in more in order to do this? I'd love to be part of a group but not sure if this is right or not. Could someone post a link to the program?

Thanks!
http://www.cathe.com
STS is her Shock Training System
You can find the STS program on Cathe's website.You can get the downloadable versions of it and put it on your phone, ipad, tablet and take it with you to the gym. Thats what I dohappy
Its a great program.. 3 months, 3 different programs and definite strength gains from ithappy

Hmm.... peer pressurehappy
Ill have to see if I can find a bit of time next week to redo a few 1RMs.. Im pretty sure they need to be updatedhappy

Though I agree STS is an awesome program, I feel it is more of a bulking program than cutting. The first time I did it, I was clueless and was eating below TDEE and though I made some advances, I didn't make near the improvements that I did while eating at TDEE or above. Just my opinion.
09-30-2013, 01:43 PM
(09-27-2013 09:44 PM)Lucia Wrote:  My goodness, can you believe it's time again for another round of STS? I'm excited applause but I won't lie... I'm not looking forward to those stinkin' push up! Sad

Ok so here's the official thread for us to update our progress throughout, questions, pics, update, etc. big grin

Yay us! applause Let's do this! Don't forget to get the 1Rms done. We start in two weeks. We want Kiki back home, settled in so we can all get rolling together.

Anyone wanting to join in that hasn't picked up sts https://www.e-junkie.com/ecom/gb.php?cl=...aff=216632 and use SAVE20 for your discount.

I'm starting 1rms this weekend. I bought a bar for the house so I can get through workouts at home if I can't make it to the gym.

Are you starting the 7th or 14th?
09-30-2013, 04:31 PM
I'm planning on doing it for the first time this year. I am excited for the group check in here, I may end up with a couple of questions! I am not sure of my start date, I was thinking the beginning of November, but I sure would like to be as close to everyone else as possible. I will be away visiting family until the 9th, so I not sure if you are starting the 7th or the 14th. I would like to think I could pull it together quickly and get my 1 RM's done the weekend of the 12th. I am excited for sure!
09-30-2013, 09:03 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2013 09:04 PM by Lucia.)
(09-29-2013 08:54 AM)kharufa Wrote:  Oh no, Lucia! There is some bug going around here in Fl. We had our turn here at my home already, very annoying. Hope it goes away quickly!
Well he got over it but tweaked his back so our Stone Mountain trip this weekend maybe cancelled.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up STS Check-in Lucia 457 574,361 10-25-2013 01:05 PM
Last Post: Lucia
Information First time BULK Check-in Lucia 67 96,648 02-16-2013 11:24 AM