Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
STS Check-in 2013
09-30-2013, 09:06 PM
RE: STS Check-in 2013
(09-30-2013 01:43 PM)202685tracy Wrote:  
(09-27-2013 09:44 PM)Lucia Wrote:  My goodness, can you believe it's time again for another round of STS? I'm excited applause but I won't lie... I'm not looking forward to those stinkin' push up! Sad

Ok so here's the official thread for us to update our progress throughout, questions, pics, update, etc. big grin

Yay us! applause Let's do this! Don't forget to get the 1Rms done. We start in two weeks. We want Kiki back home, settled in so we can all get rolling together.

Anyone wanting to join in that hasn't picked up sts https://www.e-junkie.com/ecom/gb.php?cl=...aff=216632 and use SAVE20 for your discount.

I'm starting 1rms this weekend. I bought a bar for the house so I can get through workouts at home if I can't make it to the gym.

Are you starting the 7th or 14th?

We are starting week of the 7th.nail biting

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2013, 09:09 PM
(09-29-2013 05:32 AM)Rusty Wrote:  Hi ladies,

Getting ready to begin my cut and am looking for a new program to go along with it. What is STS? Is this the Cathe program? Where do I get it from and how much do you buy to begin the new program? I belong to a gym and only have a minimal amount of weights at home (15# highest dumbbells and up to 20# kettle bells). Will I need to invest in more in order to do this? I'd love to be part of a group but not sure if this is right or not. Could someone post a link to the program?

Thanks!
https://www.e-junkie.com/ecom/gb.php?cl=...aff=216632 SAVE20

Well you will need more weights but can't get away with just dumbbells.

Lucia

big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
09-30-2013, 11:01 PM
How much time does it take to do the 1rms?
10-01-2013, 10:10 AM
(09-30-2013 11:01 PM)enoid1 Wrote:  How much time does it take to do the 1rms?

Depends... a few days should do it, just depends if you do all 1RMs or just the 4 and 5 star ones.

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
10-01-2013, 12:07 PM
I was wondering how long the workouts themselves were? The Amazon preview doesn't say, and I'm just curious.

Also, the package available on Amazon says "does not include squat rack workouts." First, I don't have a squat rack at home, so no big deal to me there, but I thought I read somewhere (I could be inventing all of this in my head) that there is plyo option instead of the squat rack routine? Do you think this plyo option is what is included - or maybe nothing is, no plyo or squat rack? I could post the link to what I'm looking at but am not sure of the forum rules.
10-01-2013, 02:37 PM
The workouts themselves average between 50-75 minutes, depending on which one and which cyclehappy.. Leg ones are generally shorter, arms are generally a bit longer.

The squat rack workout is an additional leg workout. You could replace the Leg days in the STS program with the squat rack workout if you wanted a more intense program. I never did the squat rack ones..The plyo option is the normal leg ones. Those are just as intense and a great workouthappy

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
10-01-2013, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 04:28 PM by holleysings.)
(10-01-2013 10:10 AM)Raynn Wrote:  
(09-30-2013 11:01 PM)enoid1 Wrote:  How much time does it take to do the 1rms?

Depends... a few days should do it, just depends if you do all 1RMs or just the 4 and 5 star ones.

How do you know which are the 4 and 5 star? I don't see any stars on the WorkoutManager...

EDIT: Nevermind I found it! It's on the STS page of the WorkoutManager for anyone else who's clueless. happy
10-02-2013, 10:43 AM
LOL...Ok so who's going to be taking starting pics??? Ummm, everyone should take starting pics...you really see progress when you take before each Meso cycle!

Lucia

big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
10-02-2013, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2013 04:40 PM by Kiki.)
emma- I didn't do squat rack legs for the first two times I did the program. Then I broke down and purchased it. LOL. You'll be fine with or without it. Plyo legs in insane and a super intense workout wink

enoid- I only do 4&5 star 1rms...maybe a few 3 stars here and there (well referring to my first time) after that, I just fill in the others as I go. Whenever I can do more reps than we're supposed to, I jot down how many I *actually* did and punch it in the workout manager. That way it auto update my cards for the following week. This works great for me because my strength changes from week to week, so I keep my #s current rather than sticking with the numbers from the beginning of the program. I'm a stickler for my weekly updates. LOL. Plus I get excited watching my strength change so quickly. happy

I'll be taking pics...once I'm home...gulp big grin

I just love watching my "new" body unfold with each round wink

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Stars, what stars???? Ok, I guess I did even the 1 star ones, lo. I just tested for at exercises, no wonder I've been exhausted, lol! But I'm loving it!

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up STS Check-in Lucia 457 574,364 10-25-2013 01:05 PM
Last Post: Lucia
Information First time BULK Check-in Lucia 67 96,649 02-16-2013 11:24 AM
Last Post: EvelynNoor