Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
STS Check-in 2013
10-03-2013, 11:24 PM
RE: STS Check-in 2013
two days later and my Triceps are still screaming at me.. Lol!

Hoping to get in another round when I get home next week before the official beginning... but Ive got to admit, Im a little nervous about doing this again when Im not bulking and have no intention to.. Hoping I can get a good balance and see some fat loss this time

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2013, 12:35 PM
I'm really scared for a lot of reasons, but I think I'm going to join in STS this year! I've finally reached a point with my hips that they aren't being pulled out of joint every time I work out...I'm hoping STS doesn't mess me up again!

Raynn, I'm not bulking either unless I get super hungry. I'm going to eat slightly under maintenance and pray for some major fat loss. As a meso, I know I'll have some! Hopefully enough to drop two pants sizes.
10-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Yeah, the bulk isn't necessary, but it's such an excellent program for doing one.

It works just fine for fat loss, too, since the cals is what controls whether you're bulking or cutting, not the workout. Cutting can honestly be done at any rep range, although I do find that I'm pretty dang hungry on STS days, lol. So one could always just eat the food on hungry days, and cut the rest of the week, or what have you wink

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2013, 02:42 PM
I'm not aiming for a bulk either (well, I didn't even cut since last winters bulk, I just braced the new numbers). I am going to force myself to log, because I've been pretty lazy about doing so. I don't think I'm up for eating below TDEE, specially when lifting makes me so hungry. I did the 1RM every other day in a workout format. I did feel it and loved every bit and yes, it made me want to eat everything in sight nail biting

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
10-04-2013, 04:16 PM
I think I'm going to join. I know the 1 rep tests are important but they are a huge dread factor for me so I will be skipping them. I'm hoping for fat and inches loss this go round.
10-04-2013, 06:34 PM
(10-04-2013 04:16 PM)Jharris Wrote:  I think I'm going to join. I know the 1 rep tests are important but they are a huge dread factor for me so I will be skipping them. I'm hoping for fat and inches loss this go round.

Oh no!!!!!

Please do them...they are SOOOO important to success with the program.

You can always do them what I call the "lazy way" (which is what I do) tongue

Just go ahead and start the program, but still print out the workout cards (even if they're bare) and jot down your numbers.

For EVERY workout (especially the first week or so), do as many reps as you possibly can with every weight, and write down how many you *actually* did. Punch those numbers in the 1RM calculator in the WO manager (weight you used and *actual* number of reps) and voila! 1RMs done, lol. That way you're not doing any extra work and can start right away. They should pretty much be all done after you finish week two of just working out at usual?

Because my strength changes so much during the 90 days, this is the method that I choose to use. I only print out one weeks worth of cards at a time, and at the end of each week, I punch in any changes (I always note if I can do more reps than stated and exactly how many) and then update your numbers. That way each week is already adjusted for you.

Tracking your weights are SO important for progress, and having those weights already on the sheet makes your workout fly by, so it actually helps in multiple ways. big grin

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

10-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Ok Kiki I will do your method. It takes out the dread factor and by M2 I should have good numbers. Plus I do have some done from last time so it shouldn't be to bad.
10-05-2013, 12:58 AM
YAY!!! Lol.

I know...I'm such a pusher. tongue

But I've noticed a huge difference in the years of people who did them and those who didn't.

The 1RMs set STS apart from any other program. Why waste all that $$ when you could just do any old DVD/workout? wink

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

10-05-2013, 07:56 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 07:59 AM by Tereza Toledo.)
Well, Kiki, I must thank ou for being a pusher! I can see why the 1RM will affect my next 3 months of workouts before even starting it, and it is in a great way. I'm so glad I got the program!
Countdown to Monday, 48 hours to go!

Now, on another note, I'll definitely need some advice on dealing with neck soreness and headaches after certain workouts.

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
10-05-2013, 01:20 PM
I found the 1RMS to be very important. I was glad I did them the first time, and I am definitely glad to see how much further my progress has been in a little under a year. Im looking forward to seeing what happens this timehappy

Kelly
Team EM2WL
Never Give Up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up STS Check-in Lucia 457 574,360 10-25-2013 01:05 PM
Last Post: Lucia
Information First time BULK Check-in Lucia 67 96,647 02-16-2013 11:24 AM
Last Post: EvelynNoor