Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How long to adjust? ALSO holidays??
10-02-2013, 03:09 AM
How long to adjust? ALSO holidays??
Just wondering how long it took everyone to adjust to eating such a huge amount of calories after starting their reset?
I started about 2 weeks ago and the first week was super hard to meet my 2315 daily amount (I managed but was over in fats) but I felt fine eating that much, and this week I'm finding it's easier to know how much to eat to get the right amount, but I'm feeling quite full and a little sluggish at the moment. I'm sure it's normal coz my body is used to getting 1500-1800 calories per day, but just curious how long it should take to adapt to this amount of food..?

Also, I'm heading overseas at the end of October for 2 weeks and have no problem with enjoying the local food, not stressing over macros etc and enjoying my holiday (will be staying with family so not relying on eating out etc, thankfully!) but will the 2 weeks 'off' from the reset set me back at all?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2013, 12:28 PM
RE: How long to adjust? ALSO holidays??
The amount of time will differ, but there are phases that most of us go through, as mentioned here:
http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com/show...79#pid5079

The holiday shouldn't be an issue. We usually recommend enjoying vacations thoroughly, as the point of this journey is to make it work for your life. So when life happens, it's part of the "plan" wink

If you feel that you didn't eat "enough" (which is possible, considering you haven't hit the "hunger" phase yet) when it's all said and done, you may want to tack on a couple weeks to make sure that your body adjusts to the right amount of cals. You don't wanna shortchange yourself on the reset.

A successful reset is essential to a successful cut happy

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Hi JsuaMils, I finished a reset about a month ago and am new here, but I just wanted to tell you to hang in there! As Kiki said, everyone is different so keep an open mind and stay strong. For me I went through all of the phases Kiki points to in the above, but not necessarily in that order or for equal amounts of time. I seemed to have the bloat for about the first 4 weeks. And I was tired. I didn't really want to exercise all that much and slept probably an hour to two more each night. That is how I remember reset. happy It was a big struggle to get in the calories at first, but then, blam, I couldn't get enough. The bloating and weight evened out over the last 2 weeks (and it felt like that would never happen), my hunger levels stabilized, and then I knew I was ready to start a slight cut, which is where I am now. (Although I wasn't looking forward to cutting- its nice to eat all those calories!)
10-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the quick replies!!
I have almost 4 weeks before I head overseas so hopefully I will have hit the hunger phase by then and be able to happily eat my way around Israel!! rolling on the floor

I have to say, I love the reassurance on this forum and the faith that everyone has in letting our bodies 'do their thing' with the reset. Honestly, if it wasn't for this forum and reading everyone else's experiences I probably would have given up by now, so thanks!! applause

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Have I been in deficit long enough for full reset? Au427 7 9,070 02-07-2015 06:58 PM
Last Post: emma