Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.33 Average
Working through Beautiful Badass :)
01-31-2017, 10:36 AM
RE: Working through Beautiful Badass :)
Thank you Tereza!! I will go and watch the replay happy

I'm happy to see my train of thought was on the right path...even though that damn scale tries to tempt me in the other direction sometimes!

My caliper measurements say I'm losing body fat. My pants say I am losing inches. I'll listen to those two things and ignore the scale (and keep doing what I'm doing...since it seems to be working!) happy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2017, 12:23 PM
Yes! That's IT! body fat going down, pants staring to fall, who cares about the scale! Check this out: https://www.facebook.com/EM2WL/posts/1358805254171878:0

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
Find all posts by this user
02-13-2017, 08:27 PM
Just steadily plugging along. Eating at a 15% cut...most days it's right in line with what my FitBit says I burn in a day. I don't log my weight lifting on my FitBit so that is where I get the deficit along with the days that I just can't eat all my calories.

Because of my Hashimoto's (and the blood tests that say I am intolerant), I don't eat dairy, eggs, and limited gluten. Yesterday I had a moment of weakness and had a cheese and turkey sandwich with some cheetos. Super yummy!! Then a hot dog for dinner. Not as yummy...but the hubby and kids were cooking so I ate what they made. It's crazy to see the results of foods I'm not supposed to eat show up on the scale. 4lbs. Over night. I know it's all water and inflammation and it doesn't effect my mood. I just see it as validation that those foods just really aren't great for my body. Crap fuel.

Workouts are still great. Squeezing in some heavier weights and some HIIT when I do cardio. I have a trip planned to see my sister this week. Two days of driving (1 there and 1 back) and then whatever activities we decide to do in between for 3 days. I'm viewing it as a break. It's about time for one anyway wink
02-14-2017, 10:09 AM
Nice on the heavier weights and HIIT! Have fun on your trip. Breaks are a must, kudos for realizing it!

Tereza Toledobig grin lovestruck
Team EM2WL
Certified EM2WL Personal Trainer and Coach
Here is my journey: http://eatmore2weighless.com/tereza/
02-18-2017, 10:28 AM
Hi Rhoda! Good to see you back! I have been sporadic in my forum attendance the last couple months, and when I went on this morning I was happy to see your journal!

Sorry you ended up having to go back to teaching... as a teacher myself, I know how hard it is. How little time there is for anything at all. It's no wonder the vast majority of teachers are incredibly unhealthy. But it sounds like you are getting things well on track!

Have a great visit with your sis!

Laura
02-21-2017, 10:44 PM
Hey Laura!!

I was happy to see that you were posting occasionally as well.

Teaching is definitely a super high stress/emotional endeavor. I'm making the most of it and doing my best to leave that stress in my classroom at the end of each day. No more bringing it home!! There are times (like when I have two minutes to actually pee) that I envy people who don't work surrounded by 20-30 pecking ducks...I mean kids happy But most days it's enjoyable. Moving back down to elementary grades makes it better!

I agree that between the stress and hours, it's really hard to be healthy as a teacher. Cramming lunch down in 5 minutes, while checking emails, and then maybe getting a chance to pee (or not drinking water because you won't have time to pee) are not very conducive to a healthy lifestyle...

My visit with my sister and her family was good. Took my dad with me. Had a nice break from working out and ate pretty well. Other than those yummy oatmeal not bake chocolate cookies that the coffee place served! It was the 8 hours of driving each way that was a killer! I made it back to the gym today...so it's game on again happy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Finally working on gaining... LauCo77 684 199,672 02-25-2017 06:43 PM
Last Post: LauCo77