Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I crazy???
10-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Am I crazy???
I am 2 and a half weeks into my reset, eating at 2315 although I'm honestly still not sure if this is the right amount for me, and as of the 2 week mark I had not gained anything on the scales.
BUT. This is where I feel like I'm going crazy. I swear I am seeing GOOD changes in my body, especially my stomach which has aaaaalways been my trouble area. I'm sure I am starting to see some slight definition that was not there a few weeks ago. This is not what I expected to be seeing during the reset.
Is this normal? Does it mean I'm not eating enough, if I'm not gaining weight?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2013, 06:46 PM
RE: Am I crazy???
LOL.

Reset is a finicky beast.

You *may* not be eating enough, but it's a bit soon to tell. It does seem like you're experiencing what a person who (has not under-eaten and) goes straight up to their cut # usually experiences. A person who may have only been at a too low number for a short time, can often increase cals to cut and start losing again. It could also be that your body simply was holding on to some "extra" (water retention or whatever) and finally trusted to start letting go.

Either way, just stick it out where you are and watch carefully. If you feel hungrier, eat. If you're feeling satisfied, and at the cal level that you should be for your stats, then it's not a bad thing to NOT gain during reset. It is after all, "maintenance" cals...so maintaining is acceptable too. wink

Not everyone gains during reset. But be flexible enough with the scale to allow your body to do it's thing happy

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Wow thanks for the super speedy reply!! happy

Ok, I'll keep going where I am and see how I go. I have a feeling that I'm at the lower end of calorie level. The scooby calculator on moderate exercise has me at 2315 (but my job is not sedentary, and exercise is probably borderline moderate and strenuous) but then other formulas have my TDEE at around 2700. So really I have no idea but I'm also not worrying too much about going over in cals a little if I'm more hungry so I'll just stick it out as is for now.

Thanks big grin
Find all posts by this user
10-08-2013, 07:20 PM
You could always just keep inching up, and stop if you see a true gain wink

That's how I found my true TDEE...before all these newfangled contraptions like online calculators, bodymedia fit, fitbit...and internet laughing

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user