Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pants!
10-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Pants!
Ladies who lift, I was wondering if you would share the brand of pants and/or jeans (and cut) you've found that works for you? Since lifting, I almost feel like I look better naked than in clothes. big grin Not that is necessarily a bad thing, but I'd like to look decent in something other than dresses. I feel like a lot of the choices out there are cut for women with the bodies of 13 year old boys, not for those of us with butts and thighs!

I have found that the DKNY jeans, bootcut with a little stretch, work for me. Work pants, eh. I'm not enamored of any of mine right now and wish I could wear Under Armour to work. What works for you?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: Pants!
Finding good workout pants has been an issue my whole life! I am tall and I have a bootie so when I run and do certain things they fall down. I do love gap and Victoria's secret workout pants - they fit well and come in long lengths happy
10-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Oh Lucky jeans baby! I try to pick them up at the outlet when I get out there because they are so expensive. I lucked out with my purchase I got them from 12-30 bucks a pair. There is an inexpensive one that Kiki recommends. Oh my can't remember the name but they are at Old Navy....ok found the name...it is the Sweetheart style.

Lucia

Eating more, lifting heavy and loving life!
big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
10-10-2013, 10:57 AM
I just realized you were asking about regular pants not workout pants lol - I personally LOVE express jeans, pants etc and gap - i have 2 pairs of their legging jeans happy
10-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Ha, no worries eva552. Like you, I'm tall and now have a bootie, so ALL pants are a little challenging.
I haven't tried Lucky, but I'll be sure to seek those out. And the Gap, man, I think its been years since I've been in one. I seriously need to hit the mall and give all of these a shot. Part of the problem is my vanity with sizing... My head knows that a size is just a number and that all sizes are not the same (even within the same line!) but I get so dismayed if I have to go to a 10, so I almost don't even want to try. Its my version of "scale syndrome" and I need to get over it.
10-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Emma...Emma...Emma...I will tell you right now...Lucky's run small...for instance I had to go into 14's...and that nearly killed me...lol. I could fit 12 Lucky's right now, but I am NOT buying anymore pants. Anyway, my Calvin Kleins are 10 and I have some 8 pants I can fit. But Lucky's really do look good on, so if you can get past the size you, you will be happy with how they look on.

Lucia

big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
10-10-2013, 04:16 PM
I wear Express, Polo & Banana Republic, and depending on the style, they can run small. So while I may be able to fit a 2-4 in mid-rise, I may have to go up to 8-10 in low rise! LOL

Crazy! So if the pants are too cute to pass up, I just swallow my pride and buy whatever size that fits. I just go in knowing that ain't nobody's low rise fitting over this donk tongue

#squatbootyproblems

Those Sweetheart jeans from Old Navy though wink ...not the best quality by a long shot (although they look it) - kinda "jegging-esque"...instant vanity size confidence, lol. I could rock like a 0 in those babies (they run HUGEE) laughing

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Hold on, that could be the deal with the Lucky's the ones I got are ALL low rise...hmmm, I should feel better about the size...haha!

Lucia

big grin

MFP
EM2WL.com
Facebook
Twitter tongue
10-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Yeah, low rise just don't make the (mental) cut anymore, lol. Have to get super huge sizes (for me) because there just isn't enough bootay space built in! My butt sits WAY too high for low rise

Kiki (aka rambling )
EM2WL.com
My MFP Diary

Looking for me? Follow the chocolate trail cool ....
10-11-2013, 10:51 AM
(10-10-2013 12:31 PM)emma Wrote:  Part of the problem is my vanity with sizing... My head knows that a size is just a number and that all sizes are not the same (even within the same line!) but I get so dismayed if I have to go to a 10, so I almost don't even want to try. Its my version of "scale syndrome" and I need to get over it.

Me too!!
Maurice's pants were driving me crazy! I could wear anything from a 10 to a 15. That messes with mentally!

Getting better at that, but it was a real push to get out of my head when I bought pants for school this year Sad

Rhoda